Notices

Newcomer looking for any and all help!!

Old 07-11-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newcomer looking for any and all help!!

My 26 year old daughter is spiraling out of control on oxycontin and i don't know what to do!!
Old 07-11-2013, 12:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Unless she wants to quit there's really nothing you can do other than be supportive if she asks for help Skinny. Has she ever tried to quit or gone through any kind of program or therapy?
Old 07-11-2013, 12:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family! TAke a look at our friends and family of substance abusers forum. You'll find lots of experience there from people in your situation.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Unless she wants to quit there's really nothing you can do other than be supportive if she asks for help Skinny. Has she ever tried to quit or gone through any kind of program or therapy?
She went to a 7 day detox program and has come close to having an implant put in that would make her sick if she did drugs but she never went thru with it. We found out the last two bi weekly paychecks she got she went thru around $1200.00 in 4 days on oxys. She is now trying an out patient treatment plan
Old 07-11-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I just feel like i'm letting her down by walking away and letting her crash and burn. What sucks for me us we always did things together like manicures and beach days. Now i am soo angry at her that i can't trust her(she stole jewelry from me)...i can't b the mom i always was to her anymore and that makes me feel like total ****!
Old 07-11-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I am afraid she won't ask for help! That is my biggest fear!!