Notices

day 3 updates

Old 07-11-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 3 updates

been sooo jittery, anxious, sweaty, shaky, nauseous, etc. you know..... made it to day 3 now. cant sleep and the depression and anx is crushing. i'll have a great few hours, with feeling a little better physically, and glad I avoided just one drink to help w/ the symptoms, but them i'm back to dealing with everything and all the rebound emotions. looking forward to feeling better. not sure if I picked a "good" or "bad" time to do this, but I suppose now is always good. so many problems in my life now, but is also probably why I failed in my moderation plan this time. tho, again, there always seems to be a reason, good, or bad... sorry for the ramble...
Old 07-11-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Yes, now is always a good time to stop harming ourselves.

Good job on your three days.

We learn that our feelings can't really harm us, or kill us...it's our reactions to our feelings. We learn to sit with them, acknowledge them, but not give our power to them.

It gets better...a sense of humor helps.

Here's looking forward to your day four!
Old 07-11-2013, 05:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi. Time will help repair the brain and body. "so many problems in my life now." In the beginning of my journey with AA years ago that was a common phrase I used until one day a member said that I only have one problem, ALCOHOL, the rest are situations and when I clear up the head they are attendable one at a time. HANG IN THERE AND BE WELL
Old 07-11-2013, 07:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there, hang in there, and hang in there. You're going through what countless other have as well. Above all no need to be sorry about posting over anxiety. One time I posted a totally panicked message because a thunderstorm was coming and I *always* drink during thunderstorms. 3 days! Congratulate yourself for that.