Notices

How to deal with a break up?

Old 07-11-2013, 01:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How to deal with a break up?

Would like to know, how you guys/girls deal with break ups? I general don't date many people and my last serious break up was in 2008 which made me go on a one year 3 to 5 days of drinking a week. This time around it's pretty much was my fail. She pretty much push me away for almost 3 weeks aka not seeing each and I start to look else where. Found out she is already on dating sites. I found out because I started to get back in the game to move on.

Also I told her that should use my Roku for Netflix for whatever long but I can see all the movie she is watching and if she has a guy come over, I don't think I should have to know what move she is watching together or the thought of it.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

KISS! Just don't drink! BE WELL
Old 07-11-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

I've found "no contact" makes it easier, and the Neflix thing...ouch. Is there any way to change your password or something..I don't have it so I'm not up on how it works.

The fact that I've survived a few doozies...helps now. I think, if I got through THAT one...and yes, I got stupid over some break ups...which also helps because I look back and realize that getting stupid prolonged and multiplied the pain...so clearly not the way to go this time around.

Some part of me knows now, that breaking up hurts, but the worst break up is the one I've done in the past with MYSELF. Not going there again. Not cheating on myself with booze and pills (and other assorted foolishness).

Instead of turning to the bottle, I turn to other things, people, a journal, a mindless book, or even the suicide hotline...if it keeps me from starting drinking again, then YES, it's preventing me from comitting suicide.