cool podcast for laughs and help

Old 07-10-2013, 10:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

cool podcast for laughs and help

discovered this today
was in a dark mood and it totally lifted me out of it
found it looking for good health podcasts, this was voted top by podcastawards.com

The Mental Illness Happy Hour // Weekly Online Podcasts Exploring Mental Illness and Addiction
Weekly online podcast interviews with comedians, artists, friends, and the occasional doctor. All exploring mental illness, trauma, addiction and negative thinking. - See more at: The Mental Illness Happy Hour // Weekly Online Podcasts Exploring Mental Illness and Addiction

the host is amazing and has suffered with addiction and depression himself
Paul Gilmartin also hosted Dinner and a Movie
In 1995, Gilmartin assumed hosting responsibilities for TBS cooking and entertainment show, Dinner and a Movie, a position he held for more than 16 years from the show's premiere to its eventual finale in 2011.[3] While at the helm, Gilmartin was best known for his sardonic wit and self-effacing humor. Throughout its run, the show relied heavily on Gilmartin's improvisational abilities and the easy-going rapport he established with his string of female co-hosts. Dinner and a Movie was a hit from the onset, helping significantly improve ratings for TBS. One critic dubbed it, "the first television show to combine well-worn theatrical movies, improvisational comedy and culinary education." [4]
The Mental Illness Happy Hour[edit]
In 2011 Gilmartin launched and is currently the host of a weekly podcast, The Mental Illness Happy Hour. The long-format interview style show examines lives affected by mental health issues, including depression, addiction, fear, anxiety, abuse, and gender identity. Of his hosting abilities, The New York Times described Gilmartin as having created, "a perversely safe place in which he and his guests talk about their fears, addictions and traumatic childhoods."[5] Gilmartin's guests on the podcast have included comedians like Adam Carolla, Paul F. Tompkins and Doug Benson. In its first year of production, the show received over 1 million downloads. It currently ranks as one of the most popular self-help podcasts on iTunes.[6]
Old 07-10-2013, 10:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I remember that show, Dinner and a Movie... always loved his sense of humor and personality

Thanks! Will look for this one.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 07-11-2013, 11:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CRu

Thank you for that. Today is day 3 using the AVRT method and I feel real good - even hit the gym today (light running). I think I would appericate listening to it.