Notices

109 days

Old 07-10-2013, 01:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JBDS1281

109 days

Hi guys sorry I haven't posted for quote awhile. I'm at 108 days sober today and for the most part I feel pretty good. But for the party couple weeks I've been feeling really down almost depressed and I have absolutely no motivation whatsoever. I've also been feeling a stronger urge to drink than I have the whole pay few months. Had anyone else had feelings like this?
Old 07-10-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Offering experience and hope to newcomers here helps remind me what it was like . Stops me getting complacent about things .

Sometimes i have go through the motions with recovery before things take .

I know there is always a way of dealing with things rather than drinking, which to me is a way of not dealing with things .

I need never drink again if i don't want to . I don't want to .

Bestwishes, m
Old 07-10-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

JBDS, 109 days? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think many people have felt that JBDS1281

I know I needed to change much more than just not drinking

If it's just been a couple of weeks, it could be something like PAWs - or you may be depressed for some specific reason?

D
Old 07-10-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Congrats on your sober time, that is marvellous!

When I got to one month, I started feeling just as you describe. It went on until I nearly had 2 months, at which point I did end up drinking again. I'm back on day 3 now. It's easier said than done, but looking back, I could have taken actions such as reaching out to people in my recovery program or to my family or to anyone else I trust and who respects my sobriety, putting extra effort into my other recovery actions, meeting up with sober friends, taking up new hobbies, making sure I was eating as well as possible, walking or swimming or doing some other kind of exercise regularly, posting on SR more regularly even if it was just to vent, doing something nice for myself once a week. Even though I'm already on antidepressants, I could have gone to see my GP just to see if he could suggest any other actions to take/people to speak to.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JBDS1281

I've heard of paws awhile back but I'm not completely sure what it is or what the symptoms are. Drinking is def not an option I've come to far to stay all over again now. Plus my girlfreind made it very clear of I drink again she'll kick me out. I know I def need to figure out a way to feel better soon or this is gonna dived me crazy.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm in the same ballpark for number of days ... I try not to think about it. I still get to feeling really down and depressed. I think it's simply part of being human. I used to drink my blues away ... but in reality I perpetuated them. When I get down and depressed I try to ask myself "why am I in this state?". Often times the answer is right in front of me. Sometimes not. In any case, dealing with the blues seems much easier when I'm sober. When I was using they would go away but come back two fold later. I hope that made sense. Thank you for posting.