Almost A-Free (counting the days)

Old 07-09-2013, 10:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost A-Free (counting the days)

In exactly 23 days I will no longer have an alcoholic (active or recovering) in my life....and I already *feel* so much better. I had cut all but the financial ties and those will be cut in 23 days - all that's left is the divorce (I'm starting with legal separation for various reasons). I can't wait - I've been getting compliments on how much *lighter* I seem at work as well as the weight I've lost and how young I look. People at work have NO IDEA what I've been through but they have noticed. I've already started meeting new friends, participating in new interests AND I've been flirted with. For the first time in years I feel very alive and hopeful.

I wish I had done this two years ago but that's water under the bridge....so I'm focusing on now and it's pretty good so far!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah for you Aeryn!!! Thanks for such a positive post to end my night on!!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I stayed in LIMBO for so long! For me the money situation was just the worst - finances were so intertwined (with me standing a lot to lose) and I was just so stressed and finally resolution to all that.....and me moving into a new place in my own name (rather than living in something that is financially intertwined)..It's just such a breath of relief. We had been married but living separate for a year and I guess I didn't realize how much the state of limbo was really dragging me down until I took a step forward and I just feel so much lighter, like a weight literally dropped off of me.