Dating again

Old 07-08-2013, 08:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Dating again

So.. for sometime now I've been checking in this community site... reading post... commenting to post... and even posting post. I'm not sure why I continue to come on here because a new chapter of my life began when I broke up with my exab three months ago. Maybe still healing is the answer? The truth is, I feel comfortable when I read other posts, I don't feel so alone, and most of all it helps me to continue to move on and grow stronger. Since the break-up the outside world had seemed a little darker not knowing who to trust, if I can trust again at all. Yet at the same time it seems a little brighter too, being free with no toxic energy around me.

I've started dating again, a man who I have known for many years. Our mutual understanding and respect for one another has always been their. He is a breath of fresh air and gives me everything my exab couldn't as in... true affection, support and respect. This is what a real healthy relationship is suppose to be like. Life is good, life is real good!!
Old 07-08-2013, 08:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you, Roxxxy!

I haven't quite gotten to that point yet, but it's on the horizon.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Roxxxy, just b/c you broke up w/your ABF doesn't mean you are instantly and magically healed of the problems that drew you together to begin with or the problems created thru being in an unhealthy relationship. I totally understand why you keep coming here, and I think it's really good that you do. I think there is a LOT to be learned on this site, whether you're in an alcoholic relationship at the time or not.

Good for you for continuing your growth and learning, and not just going back out to repeat your same mistakes!
Old 07-09-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Life Goes On! Woo Hoo! Happy for you!
Old 07-09-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Roxxy, good that you have extracted yourself from the toxicity and I am glad you are enjoying life again!!

Rule of thumb--go slow...real slow. 3 months is just a short time in the overall scheme of life. It takes a good while to get to know someone--and you still don't know them until you live together!! I don't care if you knew him prenatally, you don't know a person well until you enter a close and intimate relationship with them. Ask any marriage counselor you know and they will support me on this!

Good luck, though. Hang around--there is something to learn here every day.

dandylion