Feel like I need support today

Old 07-08-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feel like I need support today

Yesterday the father of my children moved back to my country & my hometown. He has been living abroad for 21/2 years.
I am surprised how his return has stirred up all the feelings of frustration, anger, low self worth etc. I know it's a result of our past & the mental abuse I received about 2 months ago from him & previous to that.
I know I have to stand tall & carry on. I feel though I am just waiting for the bomb to go off (disruption with children, mental abuse, blame etc).
The only thing I can think of to do is try to really focus on myself & my needs now.
I am going to workout tonight when he has kids & try to get some anger out.
Exercise is very important to me now.
I am trying to give myself positive affirmations & take one day at a time.
I guess all those years of mental abuse from him still affects me.
I am the healthiest I have ever been at the moment so don't wish to go backwards.
Hugs & positive comments are welcome please.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would take everything as it comes. Things might be actually be okay. It's great you are using the time he will have the kids to do something for YOU. And yes, keep exercising!!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Ditto what DoS said. Don't borrow trouble by worrying about what hasn't happened, and may not.

Oh, and in lieu of exercising, I am Un Effing My Habitat. Though that is proving to be a bit of a workout in itself!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rosiepetal View Post
Yesterday the father of my children moved back to my country & my hometown.
Since you can't tell him to move back out of the country, tell him to move out of your head (that is, not literally! Then he would know he had some power over you).

I'm sorry you are feeling upset. How are you feeling now? Any better?

You know, I made myself a present a few years ago. I went online and searched for quotes I liked (sayings work too; not to mention you can make up your own). I copied and pasted them into one document. I redid the font, size, etc the way I liked it since it was a mish mash of sizes, fonts, colors, etc. I printed it out, and cut them into strips - kind of like the fortunes in a fortune cookie.

Then I folded them up and put them in a container. And I pick one whenever I want. It's almost spooky how appropriate whatever one I choose is to whatever situation I'm going through at the given time.

This can be as big or small of a project you like. Gather 30 quotes/sayings/personal thoughts, gather 200.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Onawa, I LOVE that idea so much! What a wonderful gift for yourself!! I'm going to DO THAT!!

Rosiepetal, I'll be thinking of you. Your exercise and affirmations are great, keep doing things for yourself and I agree, try not to let your imagination run wild. Of course there are plenty of bad possibilities, but be good to yourself and don't dwell in that place in your mind, that gives him power and space there he doesn't deserve!
Old 07-09-2013, 12:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all.
I had a busy day at work then came home & had an intense workout which included lots of punching moves lol.
30 minute workout then 10 minute stretching & OMG by the end of stretch I was completely relaxed.
So glad I did that & took the time for myself.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

just wanted to encourage you to keep taking good care of YOU ~ not only is it healthy for you but it also gives your children a great example of a healthy mom which helps them to know how to make healthy decisions for themselves too!

pink hugs!!