Notices

OK, I need help

Old 07-08-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OK, I need help

It scares me to even admit this on an anonymous forum, but I have a real alcohol problem. I'm just so sick of drinking. Last night I just felt like I had to. By the time my other half got home I was incoherent. I don't even remember going to bed.

I have to stop.

Found this forum via an Internet search. Just looking for some support, and to talk to people who know how I'm feeling. I am just so ashamed. I feel so much better when I don't drink. I really didn't want to drink last night, but told myself I could just have one. I knew in my heart I'd have another, and another. Once I start I can't stop.

I'm going to submit this post now before I chicken out and delete it.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome randomuser,

You've come to a great place. Lots of helpful advice and support here.

Ask questions, and read all the useful information here. This site has been a god send for me
Old 07-08-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome!!!!

You've come to the right place. We are all people who've woken up one day with similar feelings. You will not get any judgment here.

You've done an awesome job taking the first stop and admitting you want to quit.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Welcome, I'm glad you posted. Many of us can relate to how you're feeling. Read some of our stories, the 'stickies' at the top of the forums etc.. Do you have a plan for quitting?
Old 07-08-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Don't chicken out! This forum is full of friends.
Glad you came by.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by randomuser View Post
OK, I need help
What a coincidence, we give help.

Welcome.

Help, of course, implies you are doing most of the work. We can help by pointing you toward the resources and support that will get you through, but the bulk of the task is on you. It's simple, but not easy.

You can do this!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! You've come to a great place for help and support.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Randomuser, this website is full of friendly people who will offer support and advice. It has been instrumental in my recovery. Its great that you are reaching out for help
Old 07-08-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome, randomuser! You definitely made the right move coming on here and posting. I know that three weeks ago I felt pretty much the same way you do. Posting that I had a problem with drinking was so difficult for me. But three weeks later I feel so much better about everything because I'm facing my problem and doing something about it. You can feel better too, if you follow through with a plan and some action. I'm using the SMART Recovery tools and that's working for me. Some people go to AA and others do AVRT. I hope you find something that works for you and feels right. Anyway, best to you, randomuser.

Junegirl
Old 07-08-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Welcome to the SR family randomuser and thanks for writing and submitting your post. I can definitely relate to being sick of drinking, yet feeling like I have to. I'm on yet another day one. I know I don't need to drink today because I come onto SR and see so many people living sober, amazing lives even though they once felt that they had to drink.

SR is great for support. Come on here anytime you want to talk to someone or to read about how people you can relate to are recovering. Read around the forums and you'll find plenty of information about various recovery programs, tools and methods.