Notices

I guess this is how it is..

Old 07-07-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I guess this is how it is..

I relapsed for 6 days, didnt use too much but I did use. Been clean this time for 6 days. I have the willpower right now to not use... As I did just turn down the "do you need anything" text. What gets to me is when I read about people where it took months and months or even years to feel normal again. That's what scares me.. When I think that it could take me months to feel normal I get depressed and feel like there's no point, after all 1 pill could make me feel better now. I know I can't go back to where I was a month ago because I can't hide it from my family anymore. I will also be trying to get back on track financially for a long time.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
OX

It may take a year to feel better. But you'll feel better for far longer than the time you will have left if you keep using. Give it a good go.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Bang

I think as addicts we get really tuned into the now - immediate gratification - but honestly - thats not how the world works for anyone over ten, y'know?

The fact is I look back and the time it took me to feel normal really wasn't that long at all.

I drank for decades - it took me three months to start to feel normal and maybe a year to sort myself out - I still think that's a bloody good deal.

I hope your journey will be shorter....but ultimately - whats the alternative?

keep on using, have things get worse and worse and end up dead before your time?

D
Old 07-07-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Look at the choices.... Stop now and it may take a year to get normal (probably less) or don't stop and never get better.. Which sounds more appealing?
Old 07-07-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by Bang615 View Post
I relapsed for 6 days, didnt use too much but I did use. Been clean this time for 6 days. I have the willpower right now to not use... As I did just turn down the "do you need anything" text. What gets to me is when I read about people where it took months and months or even years to feel normal again. That's what scares me.. When I think that it could take me months to feel normal I get depressed and feel like there's no point, after all 1 pill could make me feel better now. I know I can't go back to where I was a month ago because I can't hide it from my family anymore. I will also be trying to get back on track financially for a long time.
Yeah, but you will never know if you dont try. Obviously immediate gratification isnt working for you anyway, or you wouldnt be here. It can take over a year to feel close to 100% better, but its not about the destination, its about all you learn and how much you grow on the ride. Every-time I notice I am doing something that wouldn't have happened when I was using, I smile. Ive made new friends, my confidence is on an upward slope (unlike the downward spiral when I was drinking). I have bad days, but that is life and I feel I am able to deal with them now, without running to alcohol. Im having a BLAST on this ride, and I am excited to see what is going to happen next. I still get bouts of PAWS or anxiety, but the good days outshine anything else for me. Im Thrilled to be alive, and not even close to 100% better, but its a process. I will take today, who I am and how I feel, over any day I was using. That is a fact.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can quit using for good this time. Your life will improve greatly if you are clean.