More Was Revealed

Old 07-07-2013, 02:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

More Was Revealed

Took daughter on long long drive for her audition this weekend. Never drove so much in 2 days.

All went smoothly though. And had some lovely mother-daughter time.

Well, we were chatting and thinking back to our life in America, the car I used to drive and whatnot.

Then she remembers her father, and how he used to hide his empties behind the third seat of the family Volvo. And how he used to help out our single mother friend by driving her 6 year old boy with our daughter to kindergarten every morning, 25 minutes away.

And how he would drink beer each morning (8am) while he drove and the kids sat in the back and looked out the window.

I never knew.

Be careful if you have children and you are living together with an alcoholic.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good advice. And be careful if you share custody of your kids with an alcoholic.

Actually, be careful PERIOD. I once cancelled a sleepover when the mom who was supposed to take my kid to the sleepover met us at a restaurant for lunch before taking off, and she suggested that she and I split a bottle of wine before she got in the car with four eight-year-olds . seriously???

Pippi, if your kids are like mine, the further away they get from your ex in time and space, the more they'll feel comfortable sharing. Hold on to your hat. Mine's flown off a few times in the process.