Notices

40 days and 40 nights...

Old 07-06-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

40 days and 40 nights...

waking up this morning, i realized the humor of last night's milestone. i don't know... maybe one has to be a recovering catholic (as i am) to get it. or, one has to have seen that craptastic movie of the same name from a decade or more ago...

nonetheless, here i sit on this hot and sticky saturday morning, grateful to embrace my 41th 24 hours... and i feel good!

i guess the operative word here is 'feel'. it is amazing to feel something other than embarrassed, hungover, shakey, guilty, and generally miserable.

today... i feel hopeful, well nourished, excited, eager to read to my kids, rested, joyful, a little fearful (yet confident) of some heavy lifting i'm getting ready to start in my recovery journey, and blessed by the universe beyond all imagination for the gifts of sobriety! (i also just took my first AA service position today... i can't understand how getting to make coffee feels like christmas and my birthday all wrapped into one, but i'm just gonna roll with it!!)

wishing everybody a day of peace, joy, and good sobriety...
Old 07-06-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on forty days and nights sober!
Old 07-06-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats! You always have good stuff to say (and often very humorous!) on SR and I, for one, am so very grateful for your presence!

Good for you on 40 days/nights. AA is integral to me on this journey as well and I just got to make coffee for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was like being given keys to the kingdom (another biblical analogy ).

Big, sticky hug to you in NoVA. I know it's hot down there. I escaped to Philly this weekend for it to be...even hotter. Welcome to the DC area in the summer, right? Swamp, swamp, swamp.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A big congrats to you em! Thank you for all of your posts, I've enjoyed reading and been pulling for you. Keep up the good work
Old 07-06-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

um... note to self: it's 41st, not 41th! (and now i feel a little embarrassed. ah well...)

thanks all for your support and encouragement. SR is one of the main components of my journey now... and one of the big reasons why i'm sitting here able to feel again today!
Old 07-06-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello, em, you've come a long way!!
So happy for you, and thanks for this post. I remember your first few posts, and wow, what a difference now! You are an inspiration to many here, to me for sure.
I enjoy your posts!
Old 07-06-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Hello, em, you've come a long way!!
So happy for you, and thanks for this post. I remember your first few posts, and wow, what a difference now! You are an inspiration to many here, to me for sure.
I enjoy your posts!

That's what I was gonna say, too! What she said, lol.....

And,

Peace,
~Heartfan