Anyone have the AVRT links?

Old 07-04-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone have the AVRT links?

I think Terminally Unique said he or she had them but it seems they are not accepting private messages now. Can anyone pass them on to me? Thanks
Old 07-04-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Google Rational Recovery AVRT Jack Trimpey. Also the book, Rational Recovery The New Cure.

At the website you should see a link to the Crash Course which only takes a few minutes to complete.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah I did the crash course and am currently reading the book, I thouhgt maybe Terminally Unique had some links to further the study? But thanks!!
Old 07-04-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Old 07-04-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think the venerable TU has moved along, having left a robust legacy of AVRT discussion and knowledge. Follow Received's instructions and you will have all you need. A belief that you need more than the crash course, or more than the book, seems to me to be, well, you know.

Instead, join one of the existing threads or maybe even start your own. Wait, you've done that already. What would you like to talk about? Operators are standing by.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I dunno I guess about if AVRT is working for you and how long it has been and any other tips about it, Im only on about page 60 of the book. Thanks
Old 07-04-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Here is a link to a thread Freshstart started that is just full of awesomeness, imo.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ined-long.html
Old 07-04-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am sober since August 2011, and AVRT more than anything else describes how I looked at it. I think that we do the work, rather than some technique or program though, and I believe that you can do the same. Believe in yourself, and that you deserve to live without addiction, and that you will, dammit, no matter what.

I urge you to keep posting, asking questions, sharing your thoughts and you will get the support here that you are looking for. Onward!
Old 07-04-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks man, just read your thread, wow speechless, awesome stuff!!!!
Old 07-04-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Also what do you do when the beast tries to talk to you? I know how to recognize it but whats the easiest way to make the voice go away?
Old 07-04-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I just stare at it. Hard. Recognize the heck out of it. Laugh and point. Ridicule it. Accept it. But I never argue or fight or struggle. That only would happen if I was not sure of my plan, or if I allowed myself to believe that I could fail at this. This is self doubt, an old AV trick. Those are not 'my' thoughts, they come from 'it', from my addiction that is fighting tooth and nail for survival. Too bad for it. Loser. Just look at you, you are pathetic. You have toilet paper stuck to your shoe, too, ya bum. Sheesh.

And then I get on with the stuff I can do now that I will never drink again. You know, like life stuff. Tame beast, wild beast, whatever, doesn't matter in the least. I have made my choice, and it is for my good, and it is forever.