Crazy. AH wants children's passports or else

Old 07-04-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crazy. AH wants children's passports or else

I hope the judge knows what crazy looks like.

STbxah's lawyer wrote to the judge again regarding his proposal to have all the children in his exclusive care for 5 weeks this summer. First he wanted to fly them from here to the States and back himself. Now he says if the judge doesn't agree to let them go, he still wants their passports so that he can lodge with them across the border, where things are cheaper.

Then, get this. If I don't give him the four valid passports, he wants the police to intervene.

My response, between you all and me: over my dead body.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hugs, Pippi. I can only guess what kind of panic the thought brings on. There's no way I'd ever feel comfortable handing DS over to AXH for 5 weeks, even supervised. And the thought of giving AXH DS's passport cranks up my heart rate.

FWIW, judges can usually recognize crazy. And really don't like being badgered. If a motion was already submitted for the court to consider, pushing another one in before a decision was reached isn't going to help any more than just letting the court review the first. I'd hope that if anything it'll help the court see how demanding and my-way-or-the-highway he is.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
My emotional baggage

I know it is frustrating but just remember this. Just because he wrote it does not make it come true. I have a hard time with this one sometimes.

For instance, my STBXAH only currently has supervised visits. It did not stop him from having his attorney ask for 50/50 custody last time we were in court. Really????

I think my STBX went through enough lawyers to finally find one he likes, meaning will do what he says. Whether that would be the best thing for my ex.....that is another story.

Moral of the story is, he can ask but does not mean he will receive. Breath......

4MyBoys
Old 07-04-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Agree with the above. It's nuts, and the court will see it that way, too. If the judge says no to the kids going to the States with him, there is no way he is going to allow him to have their passports.

The amusing part of this (as an outside legal professional--I know NONE of this is amusing to you) is that he might as well hold up a sign saying he intends to take the kids out of the country one way or another. I think this little stunt will put the judge's radar on HIGH alert--obviously, he cannot be trusted with the kids out of the country.

And yes, keep breathing.