Sad

Old 07-02-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sad

Tonight I'm just sad. Over a week into no contact with my likely-ex alcoholic boyfriend, the rightness of going no contact seems more and more true with every day. He keeps reaching out though, and tonight it has me really sad. The last email was very sweet, focusing on how he misses me and something he'd made for me, something I know he'd wanted to. It got me in the gut. I miss him too. And I love him although I can't be in a relationship with him anymore, he shows no sign of really being honest with himself and committing to recovery, and we were new enough I know with all my heart it is ending, or rather, my no contact was the end. I'm not writing and not reconsidering, it just hurts.

I know from other things like this I've posted that I need to just feel this. You all told me that and I know it's truth. Just sad though.

Hugs to anyone else out there with a heavy heart tonight.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sadie, I hear you. Yes, it hurts like He**!!!!

Go ahead and cry tonight.

We will be here.

dandylion
Old 07-02-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Sadie..

I really admire your honesty...
And, it's perfectly ok and natural to feel sad...
I'm sure your boyfriend has his positive points..
(Most addicts do...)
But, I'm glad you're choosing to stick with the reality of the situation...
Those positive attributes will become less and less as his disease progresses...
Very sad, yes...but true, nonetheless...

Although you are hurting, it appears that you are making some really great choices...

I'm very proud of you....

Best wishes,

Linda
Old 07-02-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are so brave and strong. I understand the hurt. I am so inspired by your courage and strength.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am with you. I have a heavy heart tonight as well...God bless us.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Heavy heart here too. Glad what is right feels right even if it is hard.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm in the same boat right now. Thanks for posting. It's always good to feel that we're not alone. Stay strong.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, sweetie. Yes, it hurts like absolute h-ll but you are seriously saving yourself more pain in the future. Just cry and get it all out. You will feel better. Really.
Xxx
Old 07-03-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you everybody, your words soothe heart for sure. I barely slept last night and really don't want to dwell, trying to let go and be in that place where I feel the hurt and sad but move forward! Reading all your words this morning gives me a shot in the arm, feeling not so alone

I got another sweet and touching email from him in the night. Although mixed in with the sweet and several things about how he missed me was the opening line "Got blown off by a girl I love in June." What the hell, it almost makes me laugh the ridiculousness of it all.

Even a week ago I would have responded explaining why I didn't blow him off, reiterating my boundary about needing him to be serious in recovery, and how I hope he'll someday decide to fight for his own life blah blah blah.

Not anymore. NOT responding.

Hugs, good people.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sadielady View Post
Thank you everybody, your words soothe heart for sure. I barely slept last night and really don't want to dwell, trying to let go and be in that place where I feel the hurt and sad but move forward! Reading all your words this morning gives me a shot in the arm, feeling not so alone

I got another sweet and touching email from him in the night. Although mixed in with the sweet and several things about how he missed me was the opening line "Got blown off by a girl I love in June." What the hell, it almost makes me laugh the ridiculousness of it all.

Even a week ago I would have responded explaining why I didn't blow him off, reiterating my boundary about needing him to be serious in recovery, and how I hope he'll someday decide to fight for his own life blah blah blah.

Not anymore. NOT responding.

Hugs, good people.
Sleepless nights, huh? I have soooo been there...
And, sounds like he's trying to suck you back in, but since you've been hanging with us here on SR, you know not to fall for it...which at times, is wayyyy easier said than done....

You are doing such a great job!
I bet someday you'll be supporting new comers on this forum...
I know it

All my best to you,

Linda
Old 07-03-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You really are doing great. Go back and read your posts from just a week ago. You have grown so much in this short time. Keep going!

My heart was heavy yesterday too. Thank you for posting.