Notices

Day 5/Narcotic free/No energy

Old 07-01-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5/Narcotic free/No energy

Feeling pretty good emotionally right now. Been very rough couple days. Went through my pain pills withdrawals and that sucked so bad. I will NEVER do it again. It is crazy how the body reacts - it's mysterious to me.
Anyways,
My neck/back pain is staying low, on a pain scale I would rate it a 2.. Which Tylenol is working fine. I am having a lot of headaches
I am curious to know if the hell my body is going through causes the immune system to be compromised?
I had a horrific sore throat and thought it would go away but it only got worse to the point I couldn't hardly breath or swallow. I had to go to the emergency room Saturday night. They said I had a virus, but shoot, I knew that.
I will say I am being tried and tested but I am standing my ground.

My issue am having is I am so tired. I know my body is taking a beating. It's fighting off sickness and addiction.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on ways to increase energy levels as well as ways to nourish the body to help it along.
A vitamin ? Or certain type of vitamins? Well, any advice ... Would be great!

I need to put a recovery plan in place... Any recommendations ?
Thanks so much.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Heartsmiles, congratulations on 5 days!

I, too, have been feeling run down, like my whole body/brain is finally exhibiting the beating it's taken, now that it's not masked by opiates and drinking.

I just read a book, The Vitamin Cure which has a lot of information about vitamins helping all sorts of conditions, and there's a website, doctoryourself(dot)com that has a lot of good information - specific to conditions listed there. Nutrient dense eating (LOTS of veggies, both cooked and raw) can't be beat, as well as exercise for energy and and regaining health, but since addicts and alcoholics are probably chronically malnourished, I'm going to follow the 'megavitamin' approach for a couple months. The idea is that, most specifically, we're low in the B vitamins, but you can also increase niacin (indicated both in the book and on the website as very helpful for opiate and alcohol withdrawal), vitamin C, and some others.

HTH - I only just started today so I can't give you any thoughts on efficacy at this point.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dylan,
Thank you very much!
Very helpful info! You are correct about vitamin B. I recently had blood work and came back very low vitamin B, D, and folic acid. I was prescribed folbee and vitamin d. I do feel you are correct, a real good megavitamin you speak of would really help. Thank you for the reply & I'm going to check out the website.
Popping vitamins much better for us
Old 07-01-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Heartsmiles, Congrats on day 5! Thats fantastic! Dylan is right about vitamins I take a multivitamin, B12 & 6. But exercise and lots of water is a must. I felt like my body was so heavy I could barely walk. I know exercise seems almost impossible right now but just getting out an taking a walk around the block is good for you, do a little more as you feel like it, you have to build your strength back up those pills have taken a toll on out bodies. try to eat plenty of healthy foods right now too. Everything will get back to normal its just gonna take a little time Just be patient. Your doing great, Im proud of you!