Notices

detoxing with suboxone

Old 07-01-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

detoxing with suboxone

My husband & I now have an appointment with a Suboxone doctor, making that call was the scariest thing I have done in a long time. The only bummer is that we can’t get in to see him on the same day. I go in this Friday and he doesn’t get in until next Tuesday. Can anyone let us know what we are in for ? The doctor said that if I was clean for 24 hours before my visit he would start me on Suboxone that day.
Just how much of the physical W/D’s is Suboxone going to relieve? We are both scared and excited at the same time. Can’t wait to get off this shxt and at the same time afraid of what it will be like without it. Who here has used Suboxone to clean up ?
Old 07-01-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! I can't answer your question but we have a suboxone forum here so you might want to take a look at it for further insight.

Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 07-01-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I could be wrong but what I read about suboxone was its replacing one drug with another.
I had a friend who came off heroine using subs but now she's addicted to suboxone.
Myself, personally wouldn't do the suboxone route... I would end up stuck on them.