Notices

Libido/Sex drive is returning, at day 13...

Old 07-01-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Libido/Sex drive is returning, at day 13...

Has anyone else noted this effect? Without going into too much detail, I feel a lot more eager/energetic in this department. Yesterday, at times, I felt like a teenager going through adolescence a second time.

I think alcohol is bad for one's sexual health; it impedes circulation, and causes sexual energy to stagnate.

It's curious in such a short time, how many bodily changes I've noted that have helped give me additional motivation to keep up the fight.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hey what a great side effect! It may come from your increased self-esteem and confidence as well!
Old 07-01-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Red wine always got me revved! I used to drink organic red wine which has more resveratrol and anthocyanins and all that good stuff which dilates blood vessels and gets more blood flowing than conventional wine. I find that if I pig out on organic blue or red grapes I experience the same effect. To tell you the truth, I'm going to miss it. But oh well, onwards and upwards! :P
Old 07-01-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work guys! LOL. I can think of a lot more metaphors and puns but I will refrain!
Old 07-01-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

5 Ways Alcohol Can Wreck Your Sex Life

For men, heavy drinking can lead to:

Temporary erectile dysfunction. Researchers have found that too much alcohol affects both your brain and your penis. In one University of Washington study, sober men were able to achieve an erection more quickly than intoxicated men — and some men are unable to have an erection at all after drinking.

That’s because pre-sex boozing decreases blood flow to your penis, reduces the intensity of your orgasm, and can dampen your level of excitement (in other words, even if you are able to have sex, it may not be nearly as pleasurable as it would be without the excess alcohol).

Long-term erectile dysfunction. The risk for long-term erectile dysfunction has been linked to chronic heavy use of alcohol. In fact, studies show that men who are dependent on alcohol have a 60 to 70 percent chance of suffering from sexual problems. The most common of these are erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, and loss of sexual desire.

Ruined relationships. According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, alcohol use beyond moderation is associated with relationship problems that include conflict, infidelity, economic insecurity, and divorce. In addition, 90 percent of all sexual assaults involve alcohol consumption.

The sexual repercussions of smoking. If you are someone who tends to light up while drinking, you could be further increasing your risk for ED. For men under the age of 40, smoking is the biggest cause of erectile dysfunction — and studies show that men who smoke more than 10 cigarettes daily are at an increased risk for erectile dysfunction.

STDs. Another big risk when combining sex and alcohol? Getting exposed to a sexually transmitted disease. Studies show that almost 50 percent of unplanned sexual encounters involve alcohol, and 60 percent of STDs are transmitted when alcohol is involved. Young adults who use alcohol are seven times more likely to have unprotected sex.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I can totally relate to this one, Huskypup.

Alcohol consumption lowers testosterone levels in men, I've ready by around 15% to even higher.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scram View Post
I can totally relate to this one, Huskypup.

Alcohol consumption lowers testosterone levels in men, I've ready by around 15% to even higher.
Damn, I read about something today which increases testosterone, now what the heck was it? I could use those lost brain cells just about now.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I didn't have an increase in libido after detox, but while detoxing I was very horny. My orgasms were more intense and I was relieving myself often. I'm not sure why that is. A brilliant friend of mine said the body produces apomorphine as it breaks down alcohol, so that would be my guess.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Huh, interesting. I didn't really get this, but maybe because my pattern of drinking was once every 3 to 4 days,and then, I'd generally go pretty wild, and wake up the next day, and vow to stop, make it 3 to 4 days, and so on. So I didn't really feel a huge detox/withdrawal, it's seemed more like a series of subtle changes. Though sometimes the day after drinking, I would notice a spike in arousal, now that you mention it.

But this seems much more constant. My libido has always run at a good clip, I think I just had suppressed it by drinking and being worn out.

I view the sensual/sexual energies an almost spiritual thing, so this is having a big impact on wanting to stay clear of booze.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Whooooo.... this thread is getting steamy... o_0
Old 07-01-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Dismember

Hadn't considered this. My early sobriety was a very solitudinous affair. Better mental health, physical health and sexual health... sobriety is quite a package deal.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by HuskyPup View Post
Has anyone else noted this effect? Without going into too much detail, I feel a lot more eager/energetic in this department. Yesterday, at times, I felt like a teenager going through adolescence a second time.

I think alcohol is bad for one's sexual health; it impedes circulation, and causes sexual energy to stagnate.

It's curious in such a short time, how many bodily changes I've noted that have helped give me additional motivation to keep up the fight.
Yeah, the "Drive" goes WAY up. Its from not having all those toxins in your body. That being said, you should not try hooking up or getting into a relationship right now, because you need to be focusing on yourself and your sobriety.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

"pig out on organic blue or red grapes I experience the same effect"

Thanks for offering a healthy alternative...

I will say after couple weeks I felt recharged.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nighthawk8820 View Post
Yeah, the "Drive" goes WAY up. Its from not having all those toxins in your body. That being said, you should not try hooking up or getting into a relationship right now, because you need to be focusing on yourself and your sobriety.
It is way up. Though I'm in a relationship, have been with my partner for 20+ years, so no major changes planned. Maybe a bit more, well, you know! Have never been into hooking up, call me the romantic type, I guess