Notices

Day 4 of AF

Old 07-01-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 of AF

Im now Day 4 of AF and just bought a book called Drinking , a love story by Caroline knapp. I have read the first couple of pages and I can already relate to what she has written . It was really hard yesterday(Sunday) but will be easier as at work, its the weekend where its tough, but I need to be strong, I will get through this ...
Old 07-01-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've heard that's a really good book. I really like "Alcohol lied to me" by Craig Beck. I think I'm going to look for the one you're reading on Amazon. Congrats on day 4! You rock! keep it up! I'm day 12 and feeling great!
Old 07-01-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Is that the one written by the woman who went to Brown? I'm 27 and my mother (alcoholic) gave me that book when I was in high school. Sad, really. 33 days sober now and I might have to find that one in the boxes in the closet. I remember her being a strong writer. At one point in the book she mentions a friend who used to order martinis and say, "and serve it as cold as humanly possible." That detail always stuck with me for some reason. It's a good book.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 5 AF

Day 5 and all's well . Feeling tired but not feeling like a drink. Reading my book is really helping and reflecting on how I ended up being addicted to alcohol, it kinda creeps up slow, this Is my third attempt in Three years to cut it out all together . Each time I've given up I went back on it thinking I could control it, it doesn't take long to be dependant on it again. Third time lucky !
I can go days without a drink then boy make up for it, then the circle begins again. I have explained to my Hubby who is very understanding and hes going to be supportive. I don't expect him to stop hes not like me, he can have a couple every night but he doesn't crave for more, If I have two I want more I cant stop till Im drunk then I feel so ill the next day. I stopped hiding drink just after Christmas I stopped buying whiskey stopped drinking red wine , still drank beer at home and when we went out and Ive had a couple of bottles of Rose wine. Its not going to be easy, we are social people and we go to the pub, its what we do, but Ive explained for now I cant go, we need to find other things to do as a couple. I joined a gym 3 months a go with a lovely swimming pool , I haven't been yet as I've felt to ill with a hangover and to tired after work, Im going tomorrow as it will be Day 6 ...