Notices

6 days now...

Old 07-01-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 days now...

...and I'm feeling better. I am happy to have found this place. The past 5 days were the worst withdrawal symptoms I've ever had. I never want to forget that--though I don't know... In the past, a few weeks or months go by, there's a party with friends or some other excuse, I tell myself I can have one or two drinks, and I do. I feel great. The next day, I just have a little more. The day after...... I want to stick to it this time, but I'm not very confident.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by trail257 View Post
...and I'm feeling better. I am happy to have found this place. The past 5 days were the worst withdrawal symptoms I've ever had. I never want to forget that--though I don't know... In the past, a few weeks or months go by, there's a party with friends or some other excuse, I tell myself I can have one or two drinks, and I do. I feel great. The next day, I just have a little more. The day after...... I want to stick to it this time, but I'm not very confident.
Welcome. Regarding your confidence, hopefully SR can be of help. For me reading each day of those that are struggling and looking back at my old posts always reminds me of why I don't want to drink again.

Have you tried any local support like AA or other groups? That may help as well. Best of luck!
Old 07-01-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on six days sober and welcome to SR! I hope we can help you stay sober. The sober life is so rewarding.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm happy I found this place too. I didn't fully comprehend my addiction until I suffered some withdrawal symptoms. Stick around!
Old 07-01-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome! You can do it! It's soooo worth it! You will feel better and better and FREE! Good job in how far you have come so far!