Notices

need a hug...

Old 06-30-2013, 11:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need a hug...

typed a whole bunch about my binging....lost it in the ethernet...you know the drill...just need to stop...have one drink and know your done....so sucks...much love to all those in the struggle...would be so cool to be able to have one drink and stop...how do they do that?
Old 06-30-2013, 11:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

One drink never brought me to where I wanted to be.
More x many more brought me to Hell on Earth.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Murchovski View Post
One drink never brought me to where I wanted to be.
More x many more brought me to Hell on Earth.
Exactly...there is no one more drink for us...all of a sudden it is 3 days later and the next 3 to 4 days are hell on earth...as an aspiring writer I thought that was cool...but after doing it for years on end I realize it is not cool...it is hell...and what you thought would be great to write about is nothing more than trying to be healthy enough to sit up right...pathetic....you have to get sober and get enough distance from the pain to be able to write about it...the bottom line is BEING SOBER....I can't do anything if I am not sober...
Old 06-30-2013, 11:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have NO idea! I don't think I had one very often and when I did I was probably pissed off at the lack of effect. I drank for the feeling of ease and comfort or to numb bad feelings but never just one if I could help it. Sometimes my fiancée (who is not an alcoholic or even a heavy drinker) has one beer at night after dinner while he plays his guitar and I am fascinated by the whole thing right down to what beer he chooses and why. Haha. He likes the "craft brew" thing and like "wine tasting" it's more about the flavors or whatever - what the hell? Lol. I just wanted my shots of whatever so I could get messed up and forget whatever was going on in my head. But I'm an alcoholic. That's the difference. For whatever reason, the effect the alcohol has on me is very different and I know that so I don't have to try the "just one" thing anymore.

Anyway, here is your hug. You're doing good. Keep your chin up. Whatever you're going through, others have walked through it sober and you're not alone. Remember that. Let the beer geeks and the wine tasters have their little hobby - I have a whole new family of sober friends and a newfound strength in my life; A new happiness growing as I navigate this tough stuff and don't drink. It's difficult but I am SO glad I'm not passing out drunk tonight to wake up to a nightmare on Monday and want to do it all again... No thanks.

((((Hug))))
Old 06-30-2013, 11:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sending you tons of virtual hugs and lots of strengths to get through this!
Old 06-30-2013, 11:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BabyJane View Post
I have NO idea! I don't think I had one very often and when I did I was probably pissed off at the lack of effect. I drank for the feeling of ease and comfort or to numb bad feelings but never just one if I could help it. Sometimes my fiancée (who is not an alcoholic or even a heavy drinker) has one beer at night after dinner while he plays his guitar and I am fascinated by the whole thing right down to what beer he chooses and why. Haha. He likes the "craft brew" thing and like "wine tasting" it's more about the flavors or whatever - what the hell? Lol. I just wanted my shots of whatever so I could get messed up and forget whatever was going on in my head. But I'm an alcoholic. That's the difference. For whatever reason, the effect the alcohol has on me is very different and I know that so I don't have to try the "just one" thing anymore.

Anyway, here is your hug. You're doing good. Keep your chin up. Whatever you're going through, others have walked through it sober and you're not alone. Remember that. Let the beer geeks and the wine tasters have their little hobby - I have a whole new family of sober friends and a newfound strength in my life; A new happiness growing as I navigate this tough stuff and don't drink. It's difficult but I am SO glad I'm not passing out drunk tonight to wake up to a nightmare on Monday and want to do it all again... No thanks.

((((Hug))))
Thank you babyjane...for someone else who knows what it's like i appreciate it....I like to put down a 5th of jack during my beer binges in a nice day...so I hear ya...it's all alcohol...I wish I could tame it...
Old 06-30-2013, 11:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PrimalScream View Post
typed a whole bunch about my binging....lost it in the ethernet...you know the drill...just need to stop...have one drink and know your done....so sucks...much love to all those in the struggle...would be so cool to be able to have one drink and stop...how do they do that?
i have no idea - its never worked for me.

welcome to SR.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ippochick View Post
i have no idea - its never worked for me.

welcome to SR.
Love you...
Old 07-01-2013, 12:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi PS

I'm sorry you're feeling bad but it's good to see you.
I hope you decide to make changes, man.

You don't need to feel this way.

D
Old 07-01-2013, 12:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi PS

I'm sorry you're feeling bad but it's good to see you.
I hope you decide to make changes, man.

You don't need to feel this way.

D
Thank you Dee...you saying I don't need to feel this way is beautiful...I so know it...and I'm pretty good at shutting it down...but I ******* hate wasting a day or two on it...but I still seem to do it....I dream of just not drinking...I'm going on a 16 month sabbatical...it will either be the most incredible time of my life or just a big sink hole of despair...love you
Old 07-01-2013, 12:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

see i just poured out about 10 of a 12 pack thinking I can only have 2 more...then I see in the back of the fridge there is still 2 left from the first 12...**** me...hopeless alcoholic...normal folk would go to be and maybe have another one next weekend...I have to finish these damn things...but i probably won't...and i know if I am done after 2 more I will pour out those last 2...I am a trained alchy if nothing else...but I am probably full of **** as I type...I will probably guzzle down those last 2 before bed...
Old 07-01-2013, 12:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really think you'd get a lot out of being a regular member here again PS...not just when you have buyers remorse, y'know?

hope to see you here again tomorrow

D
Old 07-01-2013, 12:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I really think you'd get a lot out of being a regular member here again PS...not just when you have buyers remorse, y'know?

hope to see you here again tomorrow

D
You are so right Dee...I will be, I tend to avoid this place, or anyone who is the same as me, hoping it will distance me from them and I can be normal...I have to own that I am not normal and I have to drink everything until I pass out...I guess that's not normal...love you dude...(I don't sound like I am going to stop do I?) but i will...I will...love you...thank you...
Old 07-01-2013, 12:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're as normal as anyone else here - everyone has home truths they need to accept sooner or later - we're no different in that respect IMO

D
Old 07-01-2013, 12:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You're as normal as anyone else here - everyone has home truths they need to accept sooner or later - we're no different in that respect IMO

D
Thanks bro...I get so out of it I forget what normal people do....I do it so often I wonder if I will ever feel like a "normal person". I don't think I ever want to be one of those even when I quite drinking...sobriety does really rock the most
Old 07-01-2013, 02:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

sobriety is the coolest state there is...I must embrace this...isn't it weird how we all know this but still find any excuse to be ****** up...I think we all must have unresolved issues...I would like to think that...but maybe we would get ****** up even if we didn't have issues...
Old 07-01-2013, 02:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I understand completely! I failed a couple of weeks ago and starting over was pure hell. Sober again for 12 days and still cannot get the thoughts of how bad physically and mentally it felt those first 3 days without a drink.

One thing positive, when I am sober I wake up feeling much better. Good Luck!
Old 07-01-2013, 04:03 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PrimalScream View Post
sobriety is the coolest state there is...I must embrace this...isn't it weird how we all know this but still find any excuse to be ****** up...I think we all must have unresolved issues...I would like to think that...but maybe we would get ****** up even if we didn't have issues...
After experiencing it for quite a while soberity so far superior to being in the escape mode of being wasted with all the feelings raw again. I joined AA years ago and rejected step 2 "being restored to sanity" because that would mean I'm insane. After more research having sane "FUN" I started to get honest with myself and my insanity. Part of this escape is not accepting all the things we can't change, but we sure do a lot of rationalizing. BE WELL