Notices

Sooo much time...

Old 06-30-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sooo much time...

It seems there are so many hours in each day when not drinking. When drinking, it's wake up, get booze, drink it all, pass out and sleep away the day, wake up and drink more, pass out and waste away the night. Wake, repeat.

When sober, it's amazing what one can accomplish...and then I look at the clock and think, wow, only an hour has passed?!?! What now?!? Granted, this is when the old AV wants to kick in because boredom has always lead to more of the same...but I'd rather turn that voice off and engage in the beautiful day, soberly!

12:48 pm and I've been up and relaxed with coffee, played with my pups, did some writing, watched a little tv, did some cooking and dishes, had a healthy breakfast and have a healthy lunch already prepared, posted on SR...and now...not sure what's next. But I do know I have the whole day ahead of me and so much time to fill with being grateful and present in every moment. YAY!
Old 06-30-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Watch funny animal videos on you tube lol

Here's a good movie called Lost weekend on you tube. Great old movie bout an alcoholic.

The Lost Weekend (1945 Film) - YouTube

That will kill 2 hours
Old 06-30-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Old 06-30-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lovemyself I totally agree with you. After a Friday night of drinking and regrets I have managed to not drink yesterday and should be able to make it today without a problem. Normally on Saturdays the drinking starts in the mornings, I drink till I pass out, wake up again, repeat and then spend all day today hungover, thus waisting a whole weekend. Ive accomplished a lot this last day and a half. Sorry for the double posts
Old 06-30-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's amazing what I can get done now that I'm sober.