Notices

Waking refreshed

Old 06-30-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Waking refreshed

What a delightful way to start the day. I can't believe I robbed myself of this feeling for so long.

I wish for every one of you mornings free of self loathing and full of peace.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

yeah that's why I chose my forum name. It's good isn't it?
Old 06-30-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober Today

I wish I could say I wake refreshed but my new puppy won't allow me to sleep through the night yet. :~p

But you reminded me how much better sleep is since I stopped drinking! I used to sleep horribly when I drank - headaches, feeling sick, even vomiting sometimes. Man, I don't miss that.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ditto. No more trying to piece together the night before, checking your phone to make sure you weren't a complete idiot, etc.

I'm for it.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dismember

Woke up feeling slightly sick, dry mouth, minor headache and groggy. This is what I get for eating junk food right before bed!

I'll take it over a proper hangover anyday. Cup of coffee and a healthy breakfast and I'll be right as rain. It's a minor gratitude even waking up poorly so long as it's waking from another night sober.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nice post. The freedom from loathing is a huge relief. I can't count the number of mornings I wondered what idiotic thing I said or did to anyone I was around the night before.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

What you are experiencing is my mantra at night when I feel like I want to drink. I focus on the next morning. My addiction to alcohol is entirely wrapped into the social part of it. I feel like I'm missing out when it's between the times and hours that I know that all of my friends are drinking. Fridays for happy hour and Saturday afternoon and evening. When I open my eyes on Saturday and Sunday mornings the first thing that enters my mind is exactly what you posted and I think of all the people out there that are praying to the porcelain god and regretting what they did.

I love my weekend mornings now!
Old 06-30-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GreenEggsAndHam View Post
I wish I could say I wake refreshed but my new puppy won't allow me to sleep through the night yet. :~p

But you reminded me how much better sleep is since I stopped drinking! I used to sleep horribly when I drank - headaches, feeling sick, even vomiting sometimes. Man, I don't miss that.
Congrats on your new puppy! I have two pups that are my life...and one of my motivations to be present and enjoy every second with them!
Old 06-30-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
What you are experiencing is my mantra at night when I feel like I want to drink. I focus on the next morning....When I open my eyes on Saturday and Sunday mornings the first thing that enters my mind is exactly what you posted and I think of all the people out there that are praying to the porcelain god and regretting what they did.

I love my weekend mornings now!
Thank you for this! I'm going to remember what you wrote and remember how I feel now in the evening if cravings attack!