Notices

Back to day Zero

Old 06-29-2013, 09:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Back to day Zero

I guess I haven't been doing as good as I thought. I've been having a lot of cravings lately but I haven't used my DOC but I have been substituting it with other things. I'm really struggling and I need all the support I can get. My mind keeps on telling me that I can drink, it's fine, I can smoke the less hard stuff, it's fine, but I know that it's only destroying me more and giving me more intense cravings for my DOC.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
instant

Have you read about Rational Recovery and AVRT?

I think it really helps to learn to recognise permission giving thoughts and those thoughts that debase a sober life.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by instant View Post
Have you read about Rational Recovery and AVRT?

I think it really helps to learn to recognise permission giving thoughts and those thoughts that debase a sober life.
No I have never read about those but I will do that.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What kind of tools do you have in place? Support? List of things to do when you're feeling "itchy"? Are you isolating and white knuckling?
Old 06-30-2013, 12:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
What kind of tools do you have in place? Support? List of things to do when you're feeling "itchy"? Are you isolating and white knuckling?
I weighed out the pros and cons of using and put them in my phone so that I will always remember. As for the tools I have in place, I currently don't have any tools which is not a good thing since I'm going to need some tools. I just can't think of any at the moment. I don't have all that much support from anyone in my life. But no, I'm not isolating or white knuckling.