Notices

Gratitude

Old 06-29-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Gratitude

I am very happy to have been told about this site, I am very much looking forward to meeting others! I have been in recovery from an opiate addiction for a little over a year now and can honestly say that I have never experienced such a greater feeling of clarity as I now do. I have learned through my journey that there is nothing in this life that should ever be taken for granted, and feel so grateful for all of the people whom I have encountered in my life. Even the not-so-great encounters...for I would not be the same person I am today if my life did not progress EXACTLY as it has. The one thing I do miss the most is having more friends that I feel completely safe to talk with and be myself around. I am hoping that I can help to alleviate that problem here :-)
Old 06-29-2013, 06:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! Congrats on your recovery....you seem to be on the right path.

For me....alcohol was my only drug of choice, but have been drinking heavily for the past few years. I will hit my 2 months tomorrow, and I feel I am seeing life through clearer eyes! It's wonderful. I still have days that cravings sneak in, but through my newfound love of my sober, healthier life and with the help of thus forum...I have been able to stamp those cravings out.

Welcome again, and hope you stay with us!
Old 06-29-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to have you join us, Mandy. This is a wonderful place. I hope you'll find the support you're looking for. Congratulations on your one year+ being clean. That's fabulous.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by MandyJ912 View Post
I am very happy to have been told about this site, I am very much looking forward to meeting others! I have been in recovery from an opiate addiction for a little over a year now and can honestly say that I have never experienced such a greater feeling of clarity as I now do. I have learned through my journey that there is nothing in this life that should ever be taken for granted, and feel so grateful for all of the people whom I have encountered in my life. Even the not-so-great encounters...for I would not be the same person I am today if my life did not progress EXACTLY as it has. The one thing I do miss the most is having more friends that I feel completely safe to talk with and be myself around. I am hoping that I can help to alleviate that problem here :-)

Its an amazing journey isnt it? Sure there are some unpleasant weeks or days, but the good feelings and sense of accomplishment overshadow any bumps in the road I have experienced. I am SO thankful to be where I am today, I thought I would never feel this good again back when I was drinking.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Grateful

Welcome Mandy!

Unusual to see someone start a gratitude thread on their 1st post.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Mandy - congratulations on your sober time! Glad you're here!
Old 06-30-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you very much everyone, and it is absolutely true DollyAngel and NightHawk..the cravings do come and some days good, others not so much..But I am so happy to have found people who know where I am coming from! Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome and words of encouragement :-)
Old 06-30-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by MandyJ912 View Post

Its nice isnt it? I wish I had known earlier how much better being sober would be, but I suppose there is no way of knowing until you actually just do it. I was such a mess 2 years ago. Congrats on the 1 year!!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 06:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It really is such a great feeling Nighthawk. The irony of it is that when I first began to heavily use my DOC, the main reason was that I believed that using made me become "better" at almost any and everything that life threw at me. Then, as the years went by, I became a mess as well. I just thank my lucky stars to have a second chance to become the authentic version of the "winner" that I thought the drugs made me...
Old 07-01-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome Mandy!
I have a whole new group of friends here that get me. I love it!
I love my friends in my life but my friends here give me a place to share and they totally get it.

I love your attitude. I'm pretty grateful too.

Shoes
Old 07-02-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you so much Shoes, I'm really hoping to form some new friendships as well! When I went to inpatient rehab last year, I pretty much stopped contact with everyone in my social circle, and all of my friends that I had before I began using I had already lost contact with. I have supports from my weekly group, but I haven't yet worked up my druthers to actually see anyone outside of group. Now, I am living the happy, sober life, but also friendless! Thanks again to Shoes for the kind words :-)