Notices

For all of you day 1,2,5,10,30ers and more

Old 06-29-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

For all of you day 1,2,5,10,30ers and more

I'm day zero. And you may think that it's awful and discouraging and you're worthless and haven't made progress.

Just know that none of that is true. Just know that there is somebody that will say it and millions will think it or you'll never hear them or read their words but I would gladly trade with you. If I had 10 days I would be beaming with pride, 30 days and I'd feel invincible and 2 days I would know that I am more than half way over the crappiest part.
So when your day 11 sucks, just remember us that are too weak to even make it 24 hours. You are 11 times better than me.

I admire you all.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think you're weak at all eastbound.

Maybe you just need to add some things to whatever you've been doing to try and stay sober?

even the smallest ripple can make great waves

D
Old 06-29-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi there East - gee, try if you can to take that word 'weak' out of your equation.

You're not 'weak'. You're in the grip of addiction, as are heaps of the people here on SR. It's a tenacious grip, to be sure - I should know, having got sober several times in the last few years, and relapsed over and over again. Quite a few others have too, if you read around the boards.

There's nothing good about relapse - and there's nothing good about still being on day zero, if you want to put it that way. But neither are moral weaknesses. Take that particular burden off your back, as it sounds like you have enough.

But you're here, and looking forward, by the sound of it, to getting sober for 1 and more days. That's strength!
Old 06-29-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There were do many times for me that I said...tomorrow I quit, but was drinking as soon as I got out of work (on good days...most I started drinking as soon as I woke up).

You can do this...
Old 06-29-2013, 06:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

At the end of day 2, I appreciate your sentiments.

I also know exactly how you feel and know what it's like to feel like even 24 hours is too hard. But you can do it...it's hard as hell, but anything worth something is. Just take it an hour at a time...
Old 06-29-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Well I admire you, Eastbound. For coming here and admitting what no one wants to admit. For reaching out for help and continuing to try. You can rise above this! We believe in you.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's okay, East. This is such a great place. I am sure that everyone here can relate to the "day 0" feeling. Good luck