Notices

Day 9 - Tears are like God's way of cleansing yourself

Old 06-29-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 9 - Tears are like God's way of cleansing yourself

As far as cravings go yesterday was just awful.. It started out at like 4 AM when I woke up and couldn't fall back asleep so I went into the fridge to get something to eat and I saw a freshly opened 30-case of my Dad's beer just sitting there and I freaked out and contemplating on drinking for a few minutes.. I went back to bed and didn't fall back asleep because all I wanted to do was get drunk.

So then later on in the day I just wanted to use SO badly.. I spent the day pacing back and forth through my Dad's apartment feeling like I was gonna crawl out of my skin.. I didn't have a phone to call anyone and I felt trapped inside my head with my stupid thoughts. So I went to a meeting at 7:30 PM and the entire time I was contemplating on walking out and going to the CVS pharmacy next door and getting a little somethin' to make me "feel better". Thank God I didn't.

I got home at around 9:45, feeling completely beaten by the disease, I went right into my bedroom and started crying like a baby for a good 15 minutes.. Man did that feel cleansing. I immediately felt 100% better, the craving was gone! I called my sponsor from my Dad's phone, ate some food, then called it a night, and today I have 9 days clean
Old 06-29-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's awesome news. Good job on going to the meeting and calling your sponsor. It always amazes me how I can go from feeling great when I'm sober, never to want to drink again, to suddenly wanting a drink. It happens sometimes faster than I can blink. Congrats on day 9!
Old 06-29-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job on handling the urge and congrats on nine days!
Old 06-29-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Thats a brilliant post ,

Well done Jake , you are my hero of the day

Bestwishes, m
Old 06-29-2013, 11:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done Jake. Every day you will move further away from those feelings and it will get a little easier x