Notices

Day 3 feeling good

Old 06-29-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
True strength lies within

Day 3 feeling good

this is day 3 of withdrawal from a two week bender. I slept good, i feel good, almost all the effect of withdrawal are gone. I feel like i cheated, this was too easy. And here is where the struggle lies. Its a long weekend here in Canada, BBQ, alcohol, etc. Give me strength. All i have to do is remember day 1 and how crappy that was. This is where i always seem to fail, i get confident , but your the enemy that wants to hurts me, you lose, i win. Im stronger, and im gonna beat you once and for all .
Old 06-29-2013, 09:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm also in Canada and feel your pain, my plan is to lay low. Maybe listening to my friends' stories of embarrassment and idiocy when I go back to work will give me strength for next week. Stay strong, you'll thank yourself on Tuesday.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

atkr, that's a funny way to look at the holiday weekend. I am gonna use that for myself this week!
Stef
Old 06-29-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, do remember how you feel now and realize you never have to feel that way again.
I think of that first drink and where it'll lead me. It's been working for two and a half years.
It isn't worth it. Alcohol beat me and won. But now, I'm on top of the world and alcohol and my benders are a constant reminder that I can never drink again.

Best to you.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's plenty of support here through the weekend, guys

Hope all my Canadian friends have a great sober weekend.

D
Old 06-29-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grateful

Maribell that is the insanity of alcoholism. What I try to do, especially in early sobriety, is ask myself why in the hell did I just quit if it wasn't so bad? We alcoholics seem to have a built in forgetter. As soon as the pain of the last bender goes away it's as if it never happened. I tried to kind of think of it as peeling off a scab on a wound that wasn't ready to come off yet. I needed to remember that pain before I wounded myself again.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Glad to hear you're feeling good, and keeping up the fight. I also have to careful, and not let my guard down. It's almost like a boxing match, at times, but I'm gonna knock this habit out. Pow!
Old 06-29-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
True strength lies within

Originally Posted by Grungehead View Post
Maribell that is the insanity of alcoholism. What I try to do, especially in early sobriety, is ask myself why in the hell did I just quit if it wasn't so bad? We alcoholics seem to have a built in forgetter. As soon as the pain of the last bender goes away it's as if it never happened. I tried to kind of think of it as peeling off a scab on a wound that wasn't ready to come off yet. I needed to remember that pain before I wounded myself again.
oh you hit the nail right on the head..and its so true..see in my little head i always thing oh you've been good a few weeks ,, you went to work , didnt miss a day bla bla bla the little voice go on you deserve it..gotta shut that voice out.

This weekend being a holiday ,, actually is not hard.. went to the park with my family,, ate lots of good food,, now we are having a bbq,, even if my husband was having a beer " which he is not" would not bother me at this point i dont think,, ( i still remember the horror of Day 1) . Im happily guzzling ginger ale talking to all you lovely folk. Thank goodness for this site, i can honestly say , all of you make me stronger.. its the support i need ,, i dont ever want to have to say back to day one.

I want to say ive made it a year,, ( for now ) a week, then two , then three then a month and so one,, every day i feel is an accomplishment.

I have a long way to go ,, but ive accomplished many great things this will be my biggest.