Notices

The same ole

Old 06-29-2013, 12:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
xuse

The same ole

Just the same ole . iI want to stop drinking I admire you folks . I can not drink and then a Friday comes .20 years worth, it's always the same .Ive had dry times far in few between .I see me dying like this scaryu
Old 06-29-2013, 01:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Friday/Saturday are hard for a lot of people I think, too. This was my first sober Friday in awhile, kind of felt weird even though I didn't go out, just odd to know that the world is celebrating the end of the work week.

They have a meeting online on Friday nights I think here, I was chatting with some people afterwards earlier. If you are feeling the urge to drink and you need someone to talk to, that's pretty convenient, talk it through with someone from comfort of your own home. Or you might plan to see a long movie when you normally are going to the bar or whatever on Friday, knock yourself out of regularly scheduled programming. Just some ideas for next time around.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

At the very begining i put myself into lock-down at home in my bedroom . 24/7 for about 2 months .

i can't drink if there is no alcohol , it was a relief when 11pm came , the time for most licenced places to close here in the UK .

After a few weeks in i bought an x-box so i could get into playing that if i was at a loose end .

Never give up trying , you'll get there ,

Bestwishes, m
Old 06-29-2013, 01:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yep rinse and repeat same ole bs. It's a cliche but nothing changes if nothing changes. Get to Friday and just grind through the weekend , cravings thoughts just grind grind through them , stare at a wall all weekend if you have to. These early weeks have to be done to get to a place where your mind will be more settled and ready for the road ahead , oops sorry I mean the wonderful road ahead.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
xuse

Yep I know same ole
Old 06-29-2013, 01:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hear you. I was in the same position about 2 years ago. I faffed around with moderation for 18 months and took the sober plunge 8 months ago. I can honestly say that, for me, it was a relief from moderation - counting, stopping, angry at limiting myself, a few spectacular fails was all too much effort.

I stared off counting my sobriety in 'weekends'. It was difficult at first as, like you, I had been drunk most Fridays for 18 years. I also have up alcohol whenever I could in the past. Lent, dry January etc. all to prove to myself I didn't have a problem.

S x
Old 06-29-2013, 04:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You'll have to make big changes in your lifestyle if you want to quit drinking. Change your routine. Don't buy any alcohol. You can do this if you want it bad enough.