Notices

First drinking dream / 1 week sober

Old 06-28-2013, 11:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post First drinking dream / 1 week sober

So now it is 7 days behind alcohol-free, and to me it is an achievement, a great step towards the goal.

So I had a dream about drinking, where I had a backpack full of some kind of purple cider and one beer, kind of hilarious really, I wrote it up on a journal. The thing is that many people get the jitters about dreams related to drinking or cigarette smoking for an ex-smoker. I think they are harmless and do not mean any craving, it's just that the brain is making adjustments and some habits are re-written in the mind, maybe it is something like that.

Nevertheless, feeling quite good, besides little paws and tired. Have a nice day and stay away from that damned poison.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

I've had lots of drinking dreams and I think they are a normal part of recovery. They did scare me at first, but as time goes on I have them less. Drinking was a big part of my life and not drinking is also a big part so, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I do dream about it sometimes.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on one week sober! I have drinking dreams too sometimes, tho not as often as I used to. I don't worry over them tho as they're just my mind working things out in my sleep.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

at one week, it's not paws, it's just detoxing/healing n early recovery. paws might show up after 3 months of sobriety....

Congratulations on 7 days!!!!!!!
Old 06-29-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

drinking dreams are God's Way of telling us that we're still an alcoholic
Old 06-29-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober Today

I had one around that same time as well, but I haven't had one since.

I did have a dream that I was in an AA meeting last night.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I actually have nighmares about drinking bottles of wine and when I wake up I am truly grateful and happy that it was just a dream. Nice to wake up without the hangover, lethargy and guilt. Gongrats on your week!
Old 06-29-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by UnixBer View Post
the brain is making adjustments and some habits are re-written in the mind, maybe it is something like that.
Totally agree. This is evidence of the profound change you are succeeding in making. Good job and keep it up!
Old 06-29-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by UnixBer View Post
So now it is 7 days behind alcohol-free, and to me it is an achievement, a great step towards the goal.

So I had a dream about drinking, where I had a backpack full of some kind of purple cider and one beer, kind of hilarious really, I wrote it up on a journal. The thing is that many people get the jitters about dreams related to drinking or cigarette smoking for an ex-smoker. I think they are harmless and do not mean any craving, it's just that the brain is making adjustments and some habits are re-written in the mind, maybe it is something like that.

Nevertheless, feeling quite good, besides little paws and tired. Have a nice day and stay away from that damned poison.

They can be super funny. I have had a lot of them, and some so real I wake up and I feel devastated that I somehow broke my sobriety, but then realize it wasnt real and I am SO RELIEVED, lol.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I had a drinking dream two nights ago, I wassell ing white wine. I knew I was dreaming because I have a hard time sipping anything alcoholic! It was such a tease as a sipper of white wine I will never be.

Sigh.

2 weeks today. I feel good.