relief

Old 06-28-2013, 11:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile relief

Sunday my husband told me he was going to go rehab because he was tired and scared he was losing everything. He had relapsed for about 1 1/2 years. I didn't believe him but I told him okay.
He has been home all week calling different facilities. He wouldn't even leave the house. Or talk to anyone but his sponser and other people who has been clean and sober for years because he was scared something would trigger his addiction.
He asked me to take him to get his check he bought himself a bus ticket and willingly gave the rest to me. . I used to get maybe $20-30. He kissed me told me loved me and got on the bus.
I have been faithfully attending meetings and working the program of al anon because I need some serenity.
Maybe he will get it this time. Im just glad that he did all the work to get himself in treatment and not try to wait for someone else to do it.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thats great. Must have been emotional for you though. Now he has a chance to get help he needs. Probably you will get some serenity with peace in the house and a little burden off your worried heart.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have been faithfully attending meetings and working the program of AL anon because I need some serenity.
Maybe he will get it this time. I'm just glad that he did all the work to get himself in treatment and not try to wait for someone else to do it.
Yes, AlAnon equals serenity for me too.

It seems good so far, doing all the work himself, and giving you all his paycheck except the bus fare.

I will be praying for both of you TNwife.

Beth
Old 06-28-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Honestly it wasn't tht emotional bc I was so relieved. I love al anon. I have even started going to AA meetings
Old 06-28-2013, 06:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tnwife View Post
Honestly it wasn't tht emotional bc I was so relieved. I love al anon. I have even started going to AA meetings
Good deal for you.
AA meetings can be great for learning about the alcoholic.
Lately, I guess relief is a big emotion for me.
LOL
I am so happy for you.

Beth