Notices

27th 28th 29th june 2013 weekender

Old 06-28-2013, 01:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

27th 28th 29th june 2013 weekender

Hey everyone ,

Spotted there wasn't a weekend thread on the boards for this weekend so i thought i'd kick one off .

Sometimes it's to help give people the idea of what a sober weekend looks like .

Sometimes it's a bit of an accountabillity thread .

It's some of these things and more or less maybe , Make of it what you will, it's got a life of it's own once i press this button .....
Old 06-28-2013, 01:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i'm in. second sober weekend amd my husband is out on saturday and sunday. trigger time for me so i look forward to the company on here.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The weekend is my worst "witching hour." After all, I deserve a reward from the week :p. thanks for the thread.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the thread.

I get to stand up at my home group Saturday and declare 3 months sober

I am also going to FINALLY get my glasses ordered. I am going after my meeting on Saturday to pick out frames and get the ball rolling. So happy about this. I am tired of everyone being blurry when I am sober..lol

Sunday I am taking at least an hour to work on some step work and then relax and crochet the day away.

I hope everyone has a happy and sober weekend
Old 06-28-2013, 02:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

I took a random day off several weeks ago....Today is the first of 4.

I got up about the same time I do when I go to work....about to head out to a 7 am meeting and meet up with a new friend in recovery....

The weekend is open....some errands to attend to....and house cleaning.....and playing with the cat....she has this plastic fishing rod so we're gonna have some fun!

Might sound lame to someone, but I am looking forward to what this sober weekend brings!
Old 06-28-2013, 02:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Hi bud , I'm gonna try real hard , first weekend not using. Grandson got baseball tournament , starts tonight and goes all weekend if they keep winning . Rootin for everyone for a good , dry , clean , weekend
Old 06-28-2013, 03:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Sounds cool SB ,
I've had the whole week off work and have just been enjoying "pottering" about .

Had a few days at the begining that were heavy going but i often get that with holidays as it just takes time for me to unwind . Sometimes random days off are nice (now i'm confident i wont end up drinking on them )

Nice to have you here ippochick & Tang .

Good going Gracielou i always enjoy reading your posts .

Taking mum shopping and cleaning is my weekend , then a bit of guitar playing

Peaceful

Bestwishes, m
Old 06-28-2013, 03:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Ricky ,
glad to have you along man ,

m
Old 06-28-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i'm in for yardwork, pool time, picking out paint with my oldest daughter for her bedroom, running errands with the fam, watching 'falling skies' with the hub... all sober (which makes such an uneventful weekend truly spectacular!)
Old 06-28-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Old 06-28-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Its my 4th sober weekend. I will be Camping all weekend with a graduation party for my best friend's first born on Saturday, some gardening, doing my nails, making a necklace, then ripping on my mountain bike on Sunday, followed by more swimming. Its going to be a great weekend.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

My weekends used to start on a Thursday. Then it crept to Wednesday. Then sometime on a Tuesday. Then 'F¥€$ it might as well celebrate it being Monday' that's when I realised I needed to do something about it!
This weekend I am visiting relatives down in England it will be with very mixed emotions ( it's family, 'Nuff said) also first time since I got wise, so will be a bit of a challenge! I will look in on you guys for some light relief!! 😄
Old 06-28-2013, 05:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sober Today

This will be my third sober weekend - very excited. It feels good to be more tuned in to things.

Good luck all!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm in for a sober weekend. I don't really have any plans but the weather is going to be awful and I'm trying to save money anyways. Hope everyone is well. Stick close to the sober weekend party if you're struggling!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey weekenders! I am in!

I flubbed last Sunday but nok more. Back on track here.

Just planned a weekend getaway to pictueresque town of Burlington Vermont. Gonna get up early tomorrow morning and take the meandering ride north.

I love New England. So pretty and the people are great!

I will be sure to check in during the trip!

K
Old 06-28-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi!!! this will be my first sober weekend in a long time!! I plan to have a nice hot curry and go to the cinema. Oh yeah. . .and I suppose I can clean my house from top to bottom too. :-D Have good weekend everyone! xxx
Old 06-28-2013, 07:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Super annoyed that is going to be over 80 degrees this weekend, (I am a true Northwesterner..... ), I think I will go see the new zombie movie in the cinema to stay cool.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Count me in!

Nons that pic is seriously disturbing... :p

Just cooked the chicken and veg for our fajitas, waiting for it to cool a bit for DD. No plans tonight other than an early bedtime. I've downloaded a new book to read and looking forward to it.

Sunday will be spent with my Mum - a huge roast dinner I am hoping for (expecting!) No plans for tomorrow yet, the weather is a bit pants and after paying a couple of bills I only have £7 so I'm hoping the sun shines for a garden day, if not it'll be a movie, board games and play doh day. Both sound fun
Old 06-28-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Count me in! No specific plans but there are some things I'll get done. This is my 21st weekend - I'm agog thinking how much money I would have spent had I not stopped! There are plenty of other changes that have happened over that time, that was one that is easier to share.

Have a good weekend folks
Old 06-28-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi All, I am in too! Thanks for starting this thread, Mecanix, and I agree with MTN on the pic, Nons, very disturbing. But funny, too. I guess scary, evil babies never get old, right?

I am staying in muggy, swampy DC for the weekend helping a friend move on Sunday. Tomorrow it's yoga in the morning and going to try to hit up a few new meetings at some point. Usually love to cook on weekends but it is just TOO DAMN HOT this weekend.

Prepping of my first sober July 4th on Thursday but not pre-gaming it yet. Just focusing on the weekend for now, my 20th in a row sober. Hard to believe it now and would never have believed back in Feb when I started this journey for the second time. This is in large part due to all of the support and wisdom of SR and so many of you posting above. Invaluable.

Will be checking in with everyone...

(Ken, I love Burlington! Have a lovely trip!)

See you all later xoxo.