Notices

Need some advice

Old 06-25-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need some advice

I have been slowly weaning myself off of oxycontin and Roxy's. I was taking 240mg of oxy and 120mg of the roxy. I started 6 months ago, I am down to 30mg of oxy 15 mg of roxy, so I am way down. Each week when I would drop some depending on how much felt crappy for a couple of days but was able to work. I plan on taking my last pills on this Friday. I was hoping that I would be OK by Monday since I have reduced so much. But after reading all these posts I am not so sure.

Does anyone know from doing it the way I have done it, how long my withdrawals will last? Any help anybody can give, will be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It's almost impossible to say without seeing a doctor WantOff. Are these prescribed meds that you are tapering with help from a physician or just medicating/tapering on your own?
Old 06-25-2013, 01:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! I would also recommend seeing your doctor since we can't possible tell how your w/d will go.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't know how long it takes, no experience with those particular drugs.

But you will find tons of support for getting sober here.

Welcome to SR.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

no stopped seeing the pain management doctor, he told me to do it quicker than I have done it. I guess I will see how it goes, I have no choice, I will be out of pills and I don't know where to buy them on the street, which is good. I do have some xanax and some flexirol and sleeping pills. So I will depend on those to help ease the withdrawals. I am hoping it will not be too bad, I am taking about 85% less than I was 6 months ago. I figured that would have been worse to stop taking it at that point. I could go to the doctor tomorrow and get a script, I don't want to. I want to stop these things. The pain is bad but rather have the back pain then have these things keep me under their control.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi WantOff

Even if there was one definite answer (which there's not) we can't give you medical advice here anyway.

You'll find a lot of support and understanding here tho

D