hey seccies xx

Old 06-25-2013, 01:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile hey seccies xx

so,,havent been around here much lately,,but feel need to again ,,so here i am,,still doing good,,feeling fat tho,,so ive joined on the fitness thread,,need to lose my belly fat ,,,like NOW,,,so anyhoo,,just a quick hello ,,and hope you are all well my seccie friends xxx
hugs n lurvve cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 06-25-2013, 02:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Cleo. Glad you are back)

I've declared a bloody war to my belly fat as well. And, actually, it's losing.

Best luck to you)
Old 06-25-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I need to get on the body fat war as well. I've found myself craving carbs/sugar inw ays I never did when I was drinking.

Think I'm going to run a month of Whole30 - have you guys heard of it?
Old 06-25-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Is this the secular fitness thread? I'm in!
Old 06-25-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Secular fitness thread?

Great idea!
Old 06-25-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

YAY ok then ,,lets go for it,,,so ive started today ,,doing secular sit ups!!!! lol
lets here it then,,from all the seccies,,secular exercises!!!!
heeheeee xxx cleo xxxxxxx
Old 06-25-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Secular fitness lol

Working on my atheist abs...

Seriously, 5 lbs settled on my gut out of nowhere. Peri menopause was a b*tch. Glad it was early and glad it's over for the most part and I didn't kill anyone in the process.

The only thing that got rid of the lady lump for me was cutting out grains, dairy, and sugar. I feel great. Like really great.

It is so unbearably hot here, and I've slacked on the running. I need to get my secular azz back into the gym. I don't work in the summer, so I've been on a dowhateverthehellifeellike kick and that has included a fair amount of relaxing.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I broke my secular toe so now I'm growing an atheist belly of my own. :-/
Old 06-25-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Cleo, get your butt down the gym my girl....it's quite good fun once you get past the agony stage ( I'm hoping)

Good to hear from you xxx
Old 06-25-2013, 12:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

This is turning out to be the secular misfitness thread.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
I need to get on the body fat war as well. I've found myself craving carbs/sugar inw ays I never did when I was drinking.

Think I'm going to run a month of Whole30 - have you guys heard of it?
I've heard of it, totally amazing if you can make it. I'm more of a lifestyle person that a dieter. Much easier to follow through when you know that if you have a bad day, you can always pick up where you left off the next day. I count calories with MyFitnessPal.com and I aim to burn 800 calories per day through running + two days of crossfit, which I eat back in my total. Yes I counted wine calories, as many as 800 which is a bottle and a half each night. When you eliminate wine you can really eat a lot of yummy stuff. In my opinion a calorie deficit diet is still the best way to go.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I know I'm going to get some backlash with this statement, but our bodies do not "need" grains or sugar. One can get plenty of carbs from fruits and vegetables. The food pyramid is useless to me.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
LDT

You won't get any backlash from me, sober. I cut out grains and sugar months ago. I eat beautiful, filling, unprocessed, "whole" foods without counting a single calorie. Works for me.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
I know I'm going to get some backlash with this statement, but our bodies do not "need" grains or sugar. One can get plenty of carbs from fruits and vegetables. The food pyramid is useless to me.
Have you checked out the Whole30?
Old 06-25-2013, 08:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Nice to see you some more, Cleo.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I have never heard of whole30, but after googling it I see that it's paleo. Yes, that's exactly how I eat, except I also exclude nuts. The only sugar and dairy I consume is in my morning coffee. I limit that to about 4 tsp per day tops. Sometimes I skip it altogether.

LDT I don't count calories either, and I don't get hungry like I did when I ate grains, and I never feel bloated.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I'm all for secual fitness, especially with Cleo!

My extra pounds of cookies and ice cream are going away slowly, but activity is the key for me.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Ok, my secular fitness routine comprises 3 weightlifting workouts a week, 3 cardio including 2 intensive cycling classes, swimming and stretching. I am also planning to add boxing classes if I find time to squeeze it into my schedule.

I do not follow a particular nutrition program - it's just healthy eating with lean meat, veggies, fruit, low-fat diary and complex carbs. I keep nutrition diary and count calories - it's a long-term habit, I do it automatically and can quickly calculate dish calorage in my mind. And it works for me. I am not ready to give up complex carbs since oatmeal for breakfast is my all time favorite, let alone it contains a lot of useful nutrients.

My major problem, as you probably know, has been emotional binge eating. But AVRT is really of great help here and I am doing much better now. Actually, I don't do it any more. I am learning to separate emotions from eating and listen to my body instead of punishing eating with binges.

Today is my scheduled day off from the gym, but tomorrow it will be chest, arms, abs workout + cycling.

Have a great day, secular fitness pals)
Old 06-26-2013, 02:34 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

It used to be so easy. I'd stop drinking for 3 weeks and lose 12-15 pounds. Not so anymore. I need to be more active or my desk job will kill me.

I got a cool gift for father's day - it's called Jawbone UP. It's a wrist band that measures my activity during the day, then at night I can download it into my smart phone and it tells me how active I was. Also measures my sleep. It's waterproof and comfortable so I can wear it all the time. Still learning to use it, but the feature I am liking the best so far is a setting I can turn on that tells me I have been sedentary for 30 minutes. The band vibrates, reminding me I need to get up and walk around. Gets me out of my chair several more times per day.

I like gadgets. Anyone else use some cool gadgets?
Old 06-26-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

hey peeps,,this is so awesomo,,,i lv it,,well i was sposed to do my seccie sit ups yesterday,,but my bar broke,,so,,orf to get a new one tomooz,,just gonna run up and down stairs loads,,then go for a brisk 45 min walk latas,,,
hubby said he read someatt in paper yesterday that we can "trick" our bodies into thinking we is doin a well good hardcore seccie workout ,,but we aint!!!
u do like 5 mins of proper heart rate raising stuff,,cool for 5 mins,,then do it again,,keep on for like half hr,,and our bodies think its done a full on seccie workout,,so ,,im gonna try it today,,and see if i feel better,,or indeed it could b a load of bs,,time will tell i spose
i havent had any choccie/biccies/donuts/ since sunday eve,,ive cut out eating afta 7pm too,,and i dont eat refined sugar,,i only have one in my mornin coffee,,,ive swapped from white to brown ,, on bread ,pasta,rice ect,,but i canny give up me butter,,on me toast!!!! margeine just dont cut it man!!!!
so,,im on a mish,,,heres to all of us seccie sexy peeps,,,WE IS HOT ,,, xxx
keep posting xxx
hugs cleo xxxxxxx coldfusion,,ill workout wiv u huni buni,,bring it on,,lol
and non,,that gadget sounds well cool,,where do i get one????? xxx