Notices

newcomer

Old 06-24-2013, 02:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

newcomer

Though my friends and family have not noticed a problem, I am having a hard time not drinking in my wisdom tooth recovery period, and have been drinking heavily prior to this procedure. This is obviously unhealthy. My husband told me I need to stop drinking during this process. I feel horrible that I have this problem and want to nip it in the bud before it creates problems for my health and in my beautiful marriage. Like others here, I do not want to confess my problem to others. I am here to find support and inspiration.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome to SR.

Observation, though. You said family and friends have not noticed a problem, then said your husband told you to stop drinking for a while. That makes it seem like he noticed problem.

There are many methods members here are successfully using to stay sober. You can read about them in various areas of the forum, then pick one that seems like a good fit for you.

Good Luck!
Old 06-24-2013, 02:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are right. He did notice, and it breaks my heart, which is why I am here. I hope to find some community and support here. Thank you for your well wishes.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Thought so. It's tough when you realize your drinking is effecting people you love. My children sat me down last February to tell me my drinking was a problem for them. A great and horrible day.

You'll get plenty of support here. If you're really looking to be free, you'll have some work to do. Sobriety doesn't come in a lightning bolt. I found educating myself was very empowering, that's why I recommend reading about the methods people use to attain and maintain sobriety.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you. I am not a religious person, but I believe in mindfulness and yoga and meditation practice. Perhaps this would be a good start. That and finding like minded folks here : )
Old 06-24-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Secular Connections - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 06-24-2013, 03:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome. When I went to AA it was good to be among people who understand me as it is here, seems like a lot of the same folks. I'm not and never was a religious person but believe in a higher power, not me, I call it Mother Nature. I bounced around AA for a couple years and then in desperation did get on my knees and ask my higher power to help me stop drinking. The result was not having a drink from that moment 30+ years ago. AA is a simple program though for many not easy but well worth the effort. BE WELL