I believe that I'm doing the rigjt thing.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I believe that I'm doing the rigjt thing.

My husband has been flip flipping back and forth. The end of last week was,he wants to come home and take care of the family IF I grow up and stop treating HIM badly.Nothing about sobriety. Then, it turns into him wanting to see his daughter and then he'll THINK about working on things and getting help. I told him that it doesn't work that way so he gets mad all week and is back to calling me every name in the book and telling me to F off. His crazy mother started in at the beginning of the week harassing me with threats of court, the police and calling CPS with false accusations so I lose all of my children :f I don't let her see my daughter. I had to call the police. Now yesterday, he's telling me how much he loves me,how much I've hurt him and that he wants to be sober. He tells me tshat he'll get a hold of me later after helping a friend move and blows me off for the rest of the evening. He texts this morning to tell me that he went to bed early, loves me and if I let him see our daughter, he's all mine. WHATEVER! I told him that his mother is not to be involved and he refused to keep her out of it and stay away from her.Now, he's back to calling me immature (no names yet)and doesn't want to talk about anything. Am I wrong to ask him to stay away from his drug dealing, psychotic mother?
Old 06-23-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
IsItAlright

Sorry that u are dealing with this. It always confused me when my exABF alternatively said how much he missed me and loved me and then another day saying me being immature and need to grow up. I understand your confusion but u are doing right thing and being smart to stand firm to get away from the crazy train, at least in my opinion.

Just want to send u support. Hugs
Old 06-23-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Flip floping is not fair to YOU. YOU make the choice. Do YOU want him back? He doesn't sound healthy whatsoever. Why would YOU want this for your child?

What do YOU want? Has he asked you about YOUR needs?

I would get a lawyer and do everything properly. Threatening to lie and have your kids taken away? wtf? That is insane. I am glad you called the police.

Is this husband of yours sober? Is he realizing that his mother should stay out of it? Is he communicating with you in a mature and respectful manner?

You have a choice. He is freaking out becaus he isn't getting what he wants. He probably isn't use to it. It also sounds like you need court papers to help you define boundries with him. I would ask for state supervised visits paid for by him until he goes into recovery and starts to prove himself. As for his mother, threatening you? I would not want my child around such a poor role model. These people need help. You cannot help them. You can only help YOU and your precious child.

You don't need to even respond to his irrational behavior.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

also, from what my lawyer said. DO NOT ALLOW him with your child unsupervised or it will kill your case asking for supervised visits. Just a heads up.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

He's not flip flopping so much as trying every angle he knows to manipulate you, including having his mother threaten you.

I am glad you called the police. He's nowhere near recovery and can be dangerous as an active addict.

Please continue to protect you and your daughter, you both deserve so much better than this.

Hugs
Old 06-23-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

What makes him different from his mother?