AGF multiple relapses out of rehab.....

Old 06-22-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AGF multiple relapses out of rehab.....

My AGF got out of 30 days of rehab 2 weeks ago. I was there for family week, etc, trying to be supportive. It was her idea to go, she was very motivated and really seemed to want it but.......... Its 2 weeks out tomorrow and she has been drinking every few days and is driving drunk again. She has a pending court date for her DUI in april when she blew.28. Im just feeling so defeated because i have been in al-anon since april and she seemed willing to live a sober life. She has cyrhosis and has a new sponsor in AA but she cant seem to walk past it in the store, always calls her sponsor drunk, never before.

I know the three c's and to take care of me, im just bummed at whats lost.

Vent over
Old 06-22-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

that's not a vent, that's you sharing your pain and your reality. and i'm sorry. the liver damage is scary and your concerns are valid. please DO take care of you, now more than ever.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Sorry to hear about the bad turn this has taken. I know how you feel.

Yeah, someone bent on drinking doesn't call their sponsor before--they don't want to be talked out of it.

Hugs, keep doing the best you can to take care of you.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have you ever read the AA Big Book? It helped me accept my powerlessness as well as the cunning and powerful nature of the condition of alcoholism.

It is at Big Book Online Fourth Edition. I always recommend chapters 2 and 3 especially.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

A a blood alcohol level of .28 would have most people in the hospital yet she was driving. She will probably have to do some "community service" as States are cracking down on drunk drivers. The .28 BAC shows a very high tolerance. On the other hand, she is reaching out to her sponser. Even though she is drunk while doing so it probably is a step in the right direction.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks everyone, im still working my program. I messed up by getting my hopes up and im mad at myself because i know better. She was driving drunk again today, so im going to get out of the way and let nature take its course.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A work in progress

If you KNOW she is driving drunk, you might be doing her, and some would-be victims, a favor by calling the police.

It's really hard not to get those hopes up, even when we know better. Go easy on yourself.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i do know that she was today but didnt know where, we don't live together. She did ask me to take her to a meeting tonight, so i guess that's a positive.