Notices

day one

Old 06-22-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day one

I've been looking at this site for a while now. Finally took the plunge.
My life right now is a mess. I've hurt a lot of people. The guilt over that kept me drinking, and well, you know the circle. I have to face the things I've done, but I need help. I don't want to hurt people anymore. I don't want to feel like this anymore. I want my life back.
It seems every time I've gotten to 'rock bottom', I somehow go even lower. At the places where most people would have said enough, I kept going. I feel like I'm a poison; toxic to everyone around me. I think often the world would be better off without me; that I've wasted all the gifts I've been given, taken everything for granted.
Last night, I registered here, and went into chat. But I had to get drunk to do it. How pathetic is that? I'm so tired of feeling like a loser all the time. An embarrassment to my friends and family. I wasn't meant to be a loser. I was given so many gifts: brains, talent, beauty, family, community, love and I let booze take it away. Granted some really awful experiences steered me that way, but I should have been stronger. People have looked to me to be a leader, an example. Now I'm just an example of what not to do, how not to be.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome blueeyescrying,
We're glad you found us and started posting. You are among folks who understand, with similar experiences. Alcohol takes so much from us. You sound ready for a change.....good to hear it's your day one
Old 06-22-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi blueeyes!

It's never too late. Stop digging. Start climbing out of the bottom of the hole.

Read as much as you can here and have faith in your resolve that you can do this!

You are not alone and you are worth it!!!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I just feel so alone. You're my first response. Thank you.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You're not alone . One of the most invaluable qualities of SR is the fellowship. How are you feeling today?
Old 06-22-2013, 01:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Can't stop crying.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Like I'm puking out of my eyes
Old 06-22-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Guess I've got a lot to get out of me. Been holding so much in for so long.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're so sad right now. Things can get better. In my early sobriety, I kept things simple ......took walks, enjoyed bubble baths.....little things. Is there anything you'd enjoy?
Old 06-22-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

blueeyescrying

You are not alone. Your situation may be unique
but all of those thoughts and feelings are so common to us all.

I am very sorry to hear what you are going through.
I will keep you in my thoughts through out the night...
and check back on this thread.

I promise you
put down the drink
in a short time all of the craziness will stop
and your thoughts and feelings will be manageable....

May good health and sobriety be yours today and next.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sorry, just got a private message from an aa guy. Just back. I'm not sure what I enjoy anymore. Funny, been so selfish, but always have thought about others, never myself. Left myself about ten years ago. So disconnected with what I want, who I am. Lost.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blueeyescrying View Post
Sorry, just got a private message from an aa guy. Just back. I'm not sure what I enjoy anymore. Funny, been so selfish, but always have thought about others, never myself. Left myself about ten years ago. So disconnected with what I want, who I am. Lost.
my first post was sloppy

I am glad you have people concerned for you...let your family and friends know if possible...you need help....
Old 06-22-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Smoker too. You just quit? Thanks for reaching out, means the world right now. x
Old 06-22-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

The first few days will feel like hell as the toxins hit without the dulling effect of alcohol...lots of water, vitamins, and exercise helps a lot. Keep posting and reading here, it gets better.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

you seriously sound like me right now!!

welcome to the suck. I have no sage words obviously, but if there is anything you need, as simple as a reply here (I get that) I will be.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Don't be so hard on yourself blueeyescrying. Especially if it's guilt that keeps you drinking! It is possible to break free from those patterns, it can be tough, especially early on but fortunately there is a lot of support here. Have you tried quitting before? x
Old 06-22-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome blueeyes. You found a great place. We all understand.

I felt like you when I came crawling in here. I'd been drinking my whole life. What had once been fun was now a living hell. I was drinking all day and totally dependent on it. I couldn't sleep or make a move without having a drink beside me. I thought it helped me be strong and cope - but it weakened me and turned me into a person I didn't even recognize.

With the help of SR I found the courage to change my life. I didn't expect to meet so many people who felt just like me. It was a relief to not feel alone anymore. You can get free of alcohol and have a beautiful life. Glad you are here.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
Don't be so hard on yourself blueeyescrying. Especially if it's guilt that keeps you drinking! It is possible to break free from those patterns, it can be tough, especially early on but fortunately there is a lot of support here. Have you tried quitting before? x
Thanks for your encouragement. I've tried quitting, briefly, here and there. In an environment where there's a lot of drinking. Hard. And yes, guilt is a huge thing. A little overwhelmed with all the support here.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Support can really make the difference. SR has been the only constant in my sobriety and I have had sporadic and sketchy support in the real world. I am not sure I would have made it without the people here. One thing that really helped me was joining a 'Class of...' thread. It helped keep me accountable and could always rely on people for support here when I really needed it. Glad you're here x
Old 06-22-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

What is a 'class of' thread?