Notices

What a life

Old 06-22-2013, 12:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What a life

Hey everybody hows it going? I currently cannot sleep and was super bored. I started googling recovery and searching peoples testimonies and came across this site and I figured, why not sign up? Anways ive been sober 9 months now and life is good. Alcohol was my choice but im no stranger to other drugs. Ive been to rehab 5 times, in and out of jail, I have lived on skid row, been to the psych ward, I am 22 years old. I am in the AA program, is that breaking anonymity? Oh well, I am sick of my old life, sick of being a scumbag, sick of destroying myself. Today I can laugh and smile and I now know that lufe is beautiful. Anyways its nice to not be alone anymore. I think im going to come to love this site
Old 06-22-2013, 12:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome and 9 months is great - its fantastic to hear how you're turning your life around.

The site is great - very supportive :-)

Look forward to seeing you around the forums - oh and a lot of us use both SR and AA
Old 06-22-2013, 12:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

and big congrats on your nine months sober! I'm glad you're happy with your sober life. And I'm glad you found us and joined the family!
Old 06-22-2013, 12:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 9 months :-)
Old 06-22-2013, 01:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

welcome aboard LiveforToday22 - your going to love this site - well done on 9 months
Old 06-22-2013, 02:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR LiveForToday - and congratulations on your sober time

D
Old 06-22-2013, 02:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome, this is a great place to be, lots of useful advice on here. Well done on 9 months, amazing!
Old 06-22-2013, 04:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LiveforToday22 View Post
I am 22 years old. I am in the AA program, is that breaking anonymity? Oh well, I am sick of my old life, sick of being a scumbag, sick of destroying myself. Today I can laugh and smile and I now know that lufe is beautiful. Anyways its nice to not be alone anymore. I think im going to come to love this site
Welcome and keep coming. No to your question as you didn't use your last name and even then I'd question it. I might be a bit ???? but I could go down the street telling everyone I'm an alcoholic in AA and they might wonder what help I got so far not. We break anonymity if we announce it at the level of press, radio or TV and maybe billboards. ???? BE WELL
Old 06-22-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Hey everybody hows it going? I currently cannot sleep and was super bored. I started googling recovery and searching peoples testimonies and came across this site and I figured, why not sign up? Anways ive been sober 9 months now and life is good. Alcohol was my choice but im no stranger to other drugs. Ive been to rehab 5 times, in and out of jail, I have lived on skid row, been to the psych ward, I am 22 years old. I am in the AA program, is that breaking anonymity? Oh well, I am sick of my old life, sick of being a scumbag, sick of destroying myself. Today I can laugh and smile and I now know that lufe is beautiful. Anyways its nice to not be alone anymore. I think im going to come to love this site

This site has proven to be helpful during all stages of sobriety. For me, I found it after 2 years of sobriety, but its nice to give back and share my experiences. Its also a great reminder of where I used to be, which keeps me humble and focused on my own progress. Its easy for people in recovery to forget how things were at the start of recovery after time, but this site keeps those memories fresh, which I think is a great tool in sobriety. I never want to forget where I was, because that fuels me to keep growing and keep on my sober path. I am so glad you found this site, welcome. Congrats on your 9 months!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That sounds a lot like my story. Psyche wards and suicide attempts coupled with uncontrolled drinking and Valium.

I knew I needed help at 22 but kept going to 45 before crashing. My second life (23-45) was no picnic for me or my family. You are blessed to grab recovery at 22 ... HOLD ON TO IT !!

AA has given me back my life and then made it better, 24 yrs sober coming up next month.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 06-22-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I appreciate all the kind words and warm welcomes Today I choose life! Ive been doing a lot of browsing, this site is very interesting...I wish I would have known about it sooner. Its amazing what being sober can do, im not trying to be cocky, but humble, yes. I appreciate all of you and I will probaby be on this site daily
Old 06-22-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Right behind you friend with 7 months here... My time has been full of ups and downs this go-around but I'm happier now than I was out there. Sobriety has so many great rewards if we are willing to work for them a bit right? Keep coming to SR - we are glad to have you!
Old 07-01-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

10 months clean today!!
Old 07-01-2013, 10:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

10 months clean today!!
Congratulations :-)