Notices

still at it

Old 06-21-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

still at it

Hi All,

Finally joined tonight but have been reading all I could for some time. I am an oxy addict. I quit CT (forced to) on Apil 17, 2013. Yes, I'm over the physical WD's but still having issues with PAWS(anxiety, boredom). I'm not sure where to post, but maybe I can find some support or help to support others.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Harder

I don't know much about oxys but others here will.

With anxiety tho - things got better over time...with boredom...I had to get out of the mindset that I needed to take something not to be bored...

there's a million things you can do sober in the world on any given day - you just have to pick a couple - Think about what you'd like to do, and go for it , I think

D
Old 06-21-2013, 08:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey there, welcome.
Don't know if you've seen a doctor but that's a good start.

I've had anxiety that put me right in my place.. I found a few things that help.

No caffeine - a trigger
Vitamins and diet
B12 zinc vitamin c - read a lot, find they do make a difference
Diet - sounds silly but bananas , the potassium helps calm me down and feel better.
Herbal tea - soothing, a process , and healthy.

And try to laugh. A good laugh changes your mindset entirely
Old 06-21-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've seen no doctors and have told no one. I've done this alone and it's my ONLY option. I'm kicking it, but didn't expect it to take this long after stopping. I was wrong... Some days are better than others. Trying to stay busy, eating good, taking vitamins and exercising a lot. I guess I lack the support portion- but really no choice. That's why I'm here. Thanks for the responses. Reading other posts have helped a lot. I know I'm not alone in the world.
Is there a way to keep from getting emails that I have responses? I'm not the only one who uses the computer.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

For me...stopping has taken 13 years...one day at a time. It's been a long and winding path I've followed. But I haven't been alone.
And I'm easily bored too...I need to stay busy. Either doing something recovery-related or service work...or sometimes just staying busy. Clean the kitchen...organize my tools...go online to a recovery forum....call a friend...go to a meeting...vacuum out my car....pay the bills I like to put off. I also procrastinate... And then I tell myself....it's Progress, not Perfection...thank God!
Old 06-21-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah. In your profile
Click customize profile.
On he left under edit options
Old 06-21-2013, 08:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Unhappy

13 years?? Wow...not looking forward to that!
Old 06-21-2013, 09:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Harder

it took me 15 years to get around to stopping...but only a second to *finally* stop once I made up my mind

Don't freak out too much - the bottom line is you need never feel this way again if you're prepared to do whatever it takes to stay in recovery

D
Old 06-21-2013, 09:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by harderthanhard View Post
Hi All,

Finally joined tonight but have been reading all I could for some time. I am an oxy addict. I quit CT (forced to) on Apil 17, 2013. Yes, I'm over the physical WD's but still having issues with PAWS(anxiety, boredom). I'm not sure where to post, but maybe I can find some support or help to support others.

What about NA? Awesome support, lotsa young people, lotsa activities going on.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Can't do it. Too much at stake, but thanks for the suggestion. I really have no desire to use again- been clean for over 8 weeks now. Just trying to get a better grasp on PAWS. Physical withdrawl sucked, but it's over. Moving forward now and trying my best to adjust to life without pills. I still don't feel great, like many do...