Notices

Opiate withdrawal and depression

Old 06-21-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Opiate withdrawal and depression

I have had a few sad days... days where I feel like no matter what nothing really matters. Days where I feel like I have no plan or any motivation to push myself in the right direction. I have been off of opiates for 11 days.... Unfortunatly I have been needing Ativan to sleep at night.... Maybe that means I am a failure. Anyways This "down" time is making me miss my old friends... Not my high or drunk friends but my real friends from long ago, and my family who all left for the cabin for the weekend.... My husband works nights and I am so lonely. I have my kids but they are only 2 and do not understand why mommy is sad. I feel like there is no one in the whole world I cab be 100 % honest with... I can't even sort out my thoughts so how am I expected to share them with someone else.I asked my doctor why I am so "blue" and she replied "you probably have a combo of hormone withdrawal blues and med withdrawal blues." great thanks for all your help.... I feel like a crappy mommy.... I have only been a mommy on pain pills... I feel like I am failing my family.... I am scared to have another baby because I feel I will fail them too.... I feel like no one understands... Maybe one of you will...
Old 06-21-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think if you give it some time, you will start to feel better, but it doesn't happen right away. It takes time, and it takes more than stopping the drugs. It takes big changes from within to recover. I needed to reach deep within myself and find the strength to move on and the foundation to recover.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Eleven days is very early. Give yourself more time to heal and treat yourself well and in time you'll start feeling better.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Friend,
I hope things are going a little better for you. It will definitely get better... just will take a little more time. What helped me early on was going outside to a calm sunny place outside, where i found a little peace and relaxation in my otherwise pain-filled life.

It will get better, im sure of it
Old 06-29-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i have to agree with LEAST and ANNA and OLES, its really early, you need time to get yourself back. Depression sucks soooo bad!! BUT!!, it sounds like your making GREAT gains!! 11 day is nothing to look down at!! ITS GREAT!!! it sounds like your your making good choices. keep up the awesome work!!
Old 06-29-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by purechaos View Post
I have had a few sad days... days where I feel like no matter what nothing really matters. Days where I feel like I have no plan or any motivation to push myself in the right direction. I have been off of opiates for 11 days.... Unfortunatly I have been needing Ativan to sleep at night.... Maybe that means I am a failure. Anyways This "down" time is making me miss my old friends... Not my high or drunk friends but my real friends from long ago, and my family who all left for the cabin for the weekend.... My husband works nights and I am so lonely. I have my kids but they are only 2 and do not understand why mommy is sad. I feel like there is no one in the whole world I cab be 100 % honest with... I can't even sort out my thoughts so how am I expected to share them with someone else.I asked my doctor why I am so "blue" and she replied "you probably have a combo of hormone withdrawal blues and med withdrawal blues." great thanks for all your help.... I feel like a crappy mommy.... I have only been a mommy on pain pills... I feel like I am failing my family.... I am scared to have another baby because I feel I will fail them too.... I feel like no one understands... Maybe one of you will...
Are you attending NA meetings in your area?

You will find a room full of folks there who understand and will be able to help you.

If you can put the drugs (booze) away and your life gets better, then great.

If you put the drugs (booze) away and you life continues to get worse physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually then get to a 12 Step program.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 06-29-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know those first few days and weeks are really rough. The depression you feel is to be expected but if it doesn't begin to lift soon, I would recommend that you see a different doctor! I had the same issues as you when I detoxed. It's hard to ask for help but I'm glad I reached out. Now on meds for depression and able to stay sober. I will slowly wean off them eventually but I think it was what I needed in the beginning because my brain chemistry was really off.

Just my experience. Whatever you do, keep up the great work staying clean! You're doing great and it will not always be this hard. Just don't use no matter what.