Notices

Great.. just great.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Great.. just great.

I can’t go to either of the two in-patients because one of them my insurance doesn’t cover it and I don’t qualify for stupid medicade

And the other one that I was told was a 28 day inpatient for mental health and substance abuse is actually only a frigin 3 - 7 day thing for mental health only and I was denied because of my substance abuse problems

It literally enrages me how little help there is for adolescents for Addiction

Oh, and I frigin relapsed on stupid Adderall yesterday too. I’m done. I don’t care how normal or non-ADHD I feel when I take them as prescribed, I always end up frigin abusing them ever since I first got prescribed. I’ve decided that I can’t be on any controlled substance, the temptation is too great. So I’m gonna hope I can eventually be put on a non stimulant or wellbutrin for my ADHD, cause I need something. Because I am a frigin fidgity, unorganized, impulsive mess when it goes untreated.

But my psychiatrist refuses to prescribe me anything until I get super long amount of clean time. AWESOME. Considering if I’m not on psych meds my chances of using are like 10 times greater fwjkdgvhbfdkjbhwfdbk

why is this happening ugh
Old 06-21-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Sorry to hear that man, but everything happens for a reason. Have you checked with the county? They offer programs I think, or at least most do. Dont give up so quickly!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jakec View Post
I can’t go to either of the two in-patients because one of them my insurance doesn’t cover it and I don’t qualify for stupid medicade
Are there only two options? There are no other in-patient treatment centers in your area that your insurance will pay for? Have you called and asked them this?

The reason you do not qualify for Medicaid is because you have some other type of insurance.

Medicaid and Medicare are the payer of last resort. In other words they only pay when you have no other coverage. That is not stupid. It is designed that way so it covers only the people that cannot afford to pay or that have no other insurance coverage.

That is the way it works. Even some that qualify, but do have some type of income, have to pay a portion of their bill.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

A quick google search for me shows a couple dozen different treatment/rehab facilities in Buffalo proper alone, and there have to be hundreds of them in NY state. Have you contacted your insurance company directly to find out which other centers they approve?
Old 06-21-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I hear ya, I hate dealing with insurance. Sat in the CT imaging clinic for over an hour with my wife last week waiting for insurance to approve the scans the doctor had ordered. Maddening.

I think Scott had a good idea - start with the insurance and see what they will pay for and work it from that direction.

Good Luck!
Old 06-21-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What does your psychiatrist say about 12 Step programs ? Your NA group(s)?

All the best.

Bob R
Old 06-21-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If there is a will, there is a way. Do not give up hope. Something will turn up in the way of a Rehab. Calling around to all the prospective Rehabs and asking which insurances are accepted is a good idea. Take it one step at a time.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think Scott and Gracie are on the money - find out what your insurance will pay for and work out from there, Jake

D
Old 06-21-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Contact this rehab https://www.omh.ny.gov/omhweb/facili...c/facility.htm it is in the State of NY. I went there twelve years ago and it's an excellent rehab which accept pretty much all insurances and also handle psychiatric problems.