Notices

first days

Old 06-21-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

first days

thank you all for welcoming me : )

I don't feel anything but positive (although I did feel suddenly nauseous last night for no reason, and maybe a little more sweaty) Does everyone experience some kind of withdrawal symptoms? or could I be lucky?....or is it coming? lol

oh and I forgot to mention that after over 20 years I made the decision because my girlfriend was in the hospital having surgery and while she was in I drank a little more than usual. This already shamed me BUT the day she got out I drank so much I actually fell over in the driveway taking the dog out. even though she does not yet know about this, this is humiliating AND intolerable! made even more so because she developed a fever and thought she might need to go back to the hospital.....and I was not there for her as I should be! I swore that will never happen again!

Also, as far as telling someone that I am detoxing, I can tell her, but am wondering when should I? If I telll her now only days after quitting she will surely just think " yeah, I've heard THAT before" should I tell her in a week? or tell her now?

sorry for the barrage of questions but I have a ton of them.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by sithman View Post
Also, as far as telling someone that I am detoxing, I can tell her, but am wondering when should I? If I telll her now only days after quitting she will surely just think " yeah, I've heard THAT before" should I tell her in a week? or tell her now?
Usually I say if it will help with accountability, tell. Especially if not telling is going to leave the door open for you to slip. However, if she's heard the "I'm quitting" line before, I can understand you being hesitant to tell her.

So, I say prove with your actions, not with your words. She'll know you've quit if you are successful.

Hope you are.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Tell her with your actions, she'll know it's for real.