Nothing Left for Food

Old 06-20-2013, 11:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nothing Left for Food

Hi SR friends,

I am so glad you are there because I just need to write about what is happening. My plan is to wait things out while justice sorts out what's next. But now.

I have gone through my savings. All my accounts. AH is so far behind on the court order I had to borrow from family to pay the bills. I don't qualify for public assistance. AH makes way too much for that.

I wrote to tell AH we need money for food. I wrote my lawyer. No response.

I sliced my thumb with a knife cutting bread. I walked into a wall. I took the subway the wrong direction. I check email and my bank account every 15 minutes for news.

I know I just have to wait. We can eat potatoes and eggs tonight.

Last fall I was a well off lady. I still am. But each month I have less and less money. It is a huge adjustment for the children. They did nothing.

I feel selfish. I put an end to my married life finally and the children have to live with the consequences.

I have no regret. But I am worried about my health and it's just hard to concentrate and wait.

I am grateful and I am glad you are there. Thank you!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((((((BUG FAT HUGS))))))) I hope this gets resolved soon, you & your kids are in my thoughts!!!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We learned to love rice and beans, lentil stew, and eggs and toast. Lentil stew is pretty amazing, actually, and you can dress it up or down depending on what you have. Legumes, my lady!

I hear you. Money woes are the worst. There's so much riding on it. Find ways to enjoy a more spartan life. Make it an adventure over experiencing this as a travesty. That's the only experience I have.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending hugs, Pippi. I'm so sorry for how rough things are for you. I completely understand. I'm still trying to set my financial mess back into order from this winter (to keep the heat and power on and get food, other bills had to wait and I'm still catching up a couple) even though I work full-time. I still check my account several times a day to see if *today* is the day I get at least a partial support payment from AXH.

It's not easy. And you're not selfish. Your kids have you and they're out of a very unhealthy environment. That's not selfish; that's pretty darn heroic.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress

You might also check with the local churches to see if any of them have a food bank or something like that, or if they can refer you to any organizations that can help with food.

You may have to let some other expenses/bills go for a time. Nobody wants messed-up credit, but food takes priority over some other bills.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, local churches are an excellent idea.
My experience has been wonderful with them.
If you have no transportation, sometimes, they can bring it to you!
Especially with young children.
I am praying and hoping for you Pippi!

Beth
Old 06-20-2013, 12:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Pippi, Just a few minutes ago---my book from Amazon.com arrived--"Not To People Like Us"
about hidden abuse in upscale marriages. I heard about it here, on SR, and specifically ordered it because of YOU. I felt that I could learn more about how life is for you by reading this book. It was a great bargain--$2.oo for used. I will post my opinion of the book after I read it--on a thread especially for you. It is not o ff topic--it is about domestic abuse.

I second what Florence said about legumes---all legumes are a wonder food--and cheap. Pippi, theuncertainty is right---you have taken y our children from a very unhealthy environment and that was Vital!! They are in a better place and you have each other. This is a precious commodity. I know that the Church will not let you and your children starve. This nightmare will end--eventually. You and your children will emerge stronger in your faith and will hold this time together as precious memories for the rest of your l ives.

I am sending you my wishes for your continued strength and hope.

sincerely, dandylion
Old 06-20-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Also, if you ever want tips on making money, saving money and turning pennies into dollars, I have a LOT of experience at the money hustle.