Notices

New here

Old 06-19-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here

I found out recently that my husband of almost 9 years is an alcoholic. He was drinking during work, in the morning when I was in the shower, at night, all day, every day. He was taking the money that I direct deposited into our bank account for bills and was using it for beer. I had no idea because I kept a separate account. We almost lost our house. He pawned his car title. He's taken numerous 401k dispersememts, the list goes on. He lied to me for years. He finally decided to quit drinking one day when I figured out what was going on, and he had a grand mal seizure. In front of my 6 year old daughter. I'm so disgusted that I don't know what to do. This was May 3. He's been sober since and in AA. So I don't really see him much. I've taken over the bills & found out that our financial situation is really bad. I didn't have much of any debt when I met him 10 years ago, now I'm just scared about what to do. I don't trust him. He basically stole from me, but he doesn't see it that way. I haven't been to Al Anon yet. I think I want a divorce, but I don't want to split up my family for the sake of my daughter. He has a son from a previous marriage as well.
Help me. I feel lost and alone.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome marriedadrunk

I certainly can understand you have a lot of resentment even if he is in AA now.
You'll find a lot of support and understanding here.

D
Old 06-19-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome marriedadrunk. You found a great place to be.

I'm glad you came here to discuss your situation and get some support. It's so hard to be alone with these things. Many here have been through a similar situation. I hope you'll feel some relief by sharing here.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome married-

There is also a Friends and Family of Alcoholics forum here you might be interested in.

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 06-19-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's not even so much resentment that I am feeling. It's a lack of trust that I don't know I can regain in him. I feel like there have been so many lies that I don't know who he is. I can't even look at him, much less talk to him about any of this. If it weren't for my daughter, my answer would be easy, I would divorce him.