Notices

Scared of her Over Dosing

Old 06-18-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scared of her Over Dosing

Hi everyone,
I have an 18yr old daughter who is using a street drug called Molly along with Xanax, Pot & Alcohol.
Her father and I divorced when she was just 2. He moved far away with a new wife and her 2 daughters when she was 9. She used him as the excuse to get high. 10 months ago her drug use came to a head and I wanted her to go to rehab/treatment. Her father asked for her and she wanted to go there, so she moved in with him and now uses me as the excuse to get high.
She was charged with petty theft (shoplifting) a couple months ago and had to pass a drug screening, which she failed. That forced her into paying a fine (which her father paid), taking a drug class, and community service. She also had to pass weekly drug tests for 3 months, which she did.
Then, for a graduation present, I bought her a two way ticket to fly home for a month. She ended up not passing and not graduating. She has only been here 6 days and I had to call the police to get her out of a drug house, which they did, and brought her back here. This past Saturday she was there and nearly over dosed. I didn't find out until 2 days later, from a friend of hers. I have since asked for her house key and she has packed up and moved into a girlfriends place.
I am just so frustrated with her because I have had her through counseling since she was 15. Her father talks to her like a baby and refuses to see her addiction. She told me several times before leaving that she F'ing hates me and will never see her again. I know that is the drugs talking but it is killing me. I am continually watching movies to keep my mind occupied, otherwise I just cry and stress out.
I have contacted Nar-Anon and plan on attending the next meeting.
Thanks for listening. <3
Old 06-18-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome carebabe,

I'm sorry for your heartache with your daughter We mothers never stop worrying about our babies. I'm glad you've contacted Nar-Anon.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! I'm sorry for the trouble you're going thru with your daughter. Sometimes there's not much we can do to help them unless they want the help. I hope your daughter will come around and accept help.