Notices

Long time

Old 06-18-2013, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Long time

Been a long time since I posted, so I figured a newcomers update would be appropriate. I just wanted to let you all know, thank you for the support over the years in battling this disease.

I was in the lowest point in my life, rock bottom as they call it, just over a year ago. Getting a couple of DUI's, losing a relationship, and just in general shutting myself out from the world.

Update to today, I have found the girl of my dreams, she, along with a kid have completely changed who I am, what I stand for, and I've finally got what I've longed to have for so long: A purpose in life.

Does that mean everything is perfect? Not at all, I still have classes to do to get my license back, I still have fines to pay that I just found out about. It is going to be a long process and I hate asking people to drive me places. Luckily I have a good job, a supporting girl, and a way of life that doesn't involve self medication to deaden reality.

For those of you new to the fight, don't be afraid to get help, don't be afraid to be honest, and don't be afraid to admit defeat. That for me was the biggest steps to happiness. If I'd of known asking for that in the beginning meant a year, year and a half later would make me the happiest person ever, I'd of done it quite a bit ago.

There are always people out there that care about you, whether a stranger on a message forum and chat room, or family and friends close. Don't ever forget as an individual, you can choose to start on a path of recovery, and things do get better, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly.

Before I finish writing a book on here, I just wanted to thank you all again and let you know, I will be doing what I've ignored for awhile, which is coming back and helping those who still need a hand. Look for me in the chat room if you need someone to talk to throughout the day.

God Bless.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's so good to see you, SoCalDude!

And, what a great post. I'm really glad you're doing well and I'm especially glad that you're back here at SR.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So nice to hear from you SoCalDude!! Welcome back and congratulations, I couldn't be happier for you!
Old 06-18-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My spirits are always lifted by a positive post like this. Thank you for sharing
Old 06-18-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you again SCD

so glad things are looking up for you

D
Old 06-18-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thank you for your inspirational post.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Fantastic post dude....Good to hear from ya.