Notices

impact letter to Jenny

Old 06-18-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

impact letter to Jenny

I have been asked to submit an impact letter, and to be truthful about the impact that Jenny's addiction has had on our family relationship. Now this is probably going to be painful for her and myself, but here goes. Ever since your accident and your eventual addiction to prescription drugs, and finally to the drugs your addicted to now, any words that come out of your mouth I consider a lie. I was devastated when I found out that you had invaded our bank account and then took money that your mom and I worked very hard for. You have used the kids, and made up excuses that they need medicine or medical attention that they really did'nt need. You have even put your mother in the middle of everything, and kept her and myself at odds for the last 2 years. And thats because I have told her repeatedly not to give you money, but you would use one of your lie's and you knew she could'nt say no. As far as your children are concerned think about what you are taking from them. The #1 thing, would be the danger you place them in when your mind is not at full capacity. Now that's not to mention the heartache they have by not being able to communicated with their own mother because she's too high to do so. Also the embarrassment they have to endure because of your condition. Plus the worry you apply to your mothers already fragile state of mind. Now having said all of this and this being what I feel is the truth, I don't feel that all the problems in your family are caused by only you. Teddy has to take his share of the blame and take responsibility for his actions also. I don't think 2 weeks is enough time for you to get well, you need to put your kids 1st and think about getting their lives better. And if you thought that was true, you would'nt already start lying to your doctor by telling her your kids are at camp and you need to be home. if you want to get better, start being truthful and take the help that is being put in front of you. And at the end of this letter you should know that I have always considered you as my child, and have always loved you, and always will. I just want you to look at the road your taking you and your kids down and realize the future your addiction is taking away from your kids. LOVE..... YOUR DAD ALWAYS
Old 06-18-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This letter is so very heartfelt and truthful. Posting it here might also benefit other mothers who struggle and relapse, the children are the unwilling victims and are robbed of a parent.

you cannot parent effectively if you are drunk and high, struggling with withdrawal or sick with a hangover.

welcome to SR Anthony...your letter is effective.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I pray for your daughter and strength and peace for you ,

M
Old 06-18-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your letter. Nicely written.

It helped me to read that. I'm an adult child of an alcoholic and a recovering alcoholic myself... so I can relate to both sides.

Welcome to SR!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Anthony,
I'm sure it was very hard to write the letter, but it's clear it's done with love. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! Yours was a very heartfelt letter and may help another mom struggling with addiction. Thank you.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Yes a very powerful letter indeed. I thank god that my daughter didn't have to write that kind of letter to me. While caught up in our addiction we don't care about anyone but ourselves. It's sad but oh so true.

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers and I hope this letter wakes her up and she realizes how lucky she is to have such wonderful parents.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting this. Heartfelt and shows what a great Father you are - I hope that your daughter does become sober so she can thank you one day. On behalf of my son, I thank you for reinforcing my recovery so I can be the parent he needs me to be.