Notices

Laughter

Old 06-15-2013, 07:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Laughter

So at 17 days sober I find myself laughing outloud especially in the evenings. I will think of something or tell my self a joke and I will have a belly laugh. I never laughed when I was hungover and depressed. So I just wanted to ask if other people found themselves smiling or laughing more in their sobriety.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful

Definitely!

I was at a meeting Monday and one of the regulars there came up to me after the meeting and said he noticed that every time he saw me I looked happier than the last time he saw me. I didn't really notice the change until someone else pointed it out. Laughter is good for us, it releases endorphins to make us feel better.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Yes, sometimes uncontrollable laughter will grip me and I am unable to stop. The neighbors will sometimes call and tell me to keep it down….. but then, there it will be… another one of Dee’s avatars and I’m off again.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Definitely a happier person overall since I've been sober. Never feel like crap anymore and feel healthier so I think that has a lot to do with it.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

This was awesome to read! Have fun in sobriety!
Old 06-16-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

laughter is one of the promises that come true
Old 06-16-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I laugh out loud at myself a lot...I am pretty looney. I also try to keep the positive, funnier people around me rather then the miserable drunks that I did before...it makes a big difference. Laugh on!
Old 06-16-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That's one reason I fell in love with alcohol. When I was drinking, everything and everyone was fun and I was one of those funny, dancing, laughing drunks, the life of the party.

And then I wasn't. Alcohol doesn't help me to laugh or have a good time anymore. It's become that partner who just sucks the life out of you and never gives back. So I am glad to hear the happiness can return in a sober life. One more reason to continue, thank you!
Old 06-16-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

I have always laughed a lot. I'm known for my cackle, but I find that my humor is a lot more good natured. And I was at a meeting last night and afterwards a guy came up to me and thanked me because when he walked in, everyone was serious and I looked up and have him the biggest welcoming smile.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grungehead View Post
Definitely!

I was at a meeting Monday and one of the regulars there came up to me after the meeting and said he noticed that every time he saw me I looked happier than the last time he saw me. I didn't really notice the change until someone else pointed it out. Laughter is good for us, it releases endorphins to make us feel better.
Meetings are good for us.

All the best.

Bob R