Notices

Day 17 check in

Old 06-15-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 17 check in

Still no cigarettes or alcohol. Feeling tired like I haven't had enough sleep. Today I get beyond day 16. I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job Acheleus!!! Keep it going!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Acheleus! You are doing great. Tired is okay. I am sure that this will pass. Keep it up....and know that you are doing the best possible thing for your life!
Old 06-15-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm tired all the time..and I'm getting plenty of sleep. I figure my body is healing (well, I think its in shock actually : ) Congrats to you
Old 06-15-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice job Ach. Keep at it.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yea I am feeling strange today because I am used to drinking on the weekends. So I walked earlier and now I am going to reward my self somehow with a blizzard or something cold to drink.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Hope you have a great weekend as well. Weekends are a little weird for me too, as it was usually thrown down beer and play in the pool. Adjusting to it though. Be strong; you'll/we'll get used to it. Positive re-enforcement (Blizzard!) Awesome idea Dr. Skinner.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

You are doing great! It will get better and the tired will go away.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Went swimming and was going to chat up a girl but I figured it is best just swim laps and focus on improving myself. My knee hurts to walk on but swimming does not bother it. So I have to study tonight and I will be having a quiet Saturday night. I still feel like I have no life and am wasting my time in this fun college town, but I know sobriety is my number one priority right now. I keep telling my self I am a person that can't drink, not a person that does not drink. Alcohol is not an option.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you have a good night acheleus
Old 06-15-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I am living large tonight: Stanley Cup Playoffs, sweet potatoes, Kale, and blueberries. I don't have to go to a bar to have fun. Being alone is ok right now. I went swimming earlier and feel good right now. I hope everyone is livin la vida sober.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I know where you're coming from. It's saturday night and I'm alone. Earlier I realized I haven't got myself a strong social network because I have used alcohol as a companion and boredom cure. There are times I'm content to be at home alone as long as I've got a bottle of wine. I tried getting a gf to go to karaoke or something but she was busy. I've been to a pub a couple times and haven't been triggered whatsoever..but I do want to go out and see people. I really need to cultivate more friends to DO things with...

Strawberries just came into season here so I stopped and bought a vat at a roadside stand. I just made a strawberry pineapple smoothie thing which I'm sipping on now.it's pretty delicious. Ah well...guess it's me and a good book tonight.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Way to go ach I remember how you struggled last week. Look what you've done!!!!!! Take a bow you're doing it!
Old 06-15-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yay Ach!!! Yes, it can be boring but I've realized with time that I much prefer boredom to boozing. At least I don't wake up feeling like I got hit by a truck when I spend the evening bored.

I had to reset my thinking and learn that normal life can be dull. But I also learned to appreciate the naps in the afternoon, television (I actually enjoy and remember shows!) and just relaxing. During my 5 years of abusing alcohol, I don't remember once ever truly relaxing. I was always busy drinking or thinking about drinking or recovering from drinking.

I've only got 9 months but slowly I'm filling my time with things I enjoy - reading, movies, and believe it or not, eating!! I've recently become interested in the foods I eat and getting proper nutrition. Go figure. Lol!!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yeah I never met people when I went out drinking except bar flies. So I am going to try and meet people somewhere. People in the class I am taking are not very nice, or maybe I am just too quiet. But this is the longest I have been sober so I am just trying to enjoy nature and I feel like I am coming back to life. Alcohol killed all my positive traits I was full of BS or mean. So I am going to play guitar, maybe write poetry, do all the things that used to make me feel good. Giving up alcohol allows me to see that it is wrong to want to feel good all the time. Sometimes we have to be sad or lonely or angry and learn to grow. So I am going to keep growing a little every day and not give up.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Acheleus View Post
Yeah I never met people when I went out drinking except bar flies. So I am going to try and meet people somewhere. People in the class I am taking are not very nice, or maybe I am just too quiet. But this is the longest I have been sober so I am just trying to enjoy nature and I feel like I am coming back to life. Alcohol killed all my positive traits I was full of BS or mean. So I am going to play guitar, maybe write poetry, do all the things that used to make me feel good. Giving up alcohol allows me to see that it is wrong to want to feel good all the time. Sometimes we have to be sad or lonely or angry and learn to grow. So I am going to keep growing a little every day and not give up.
I like this! Acheleus this to me shows a huge amount of growth. Great work!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks Mizz. I don't know why I feel so committed now to living a healthy life. I hope I can mature and learn to be a man and not a boy.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Acheleus View Post
Thanks Mizz. I don't know why I feel so committed now to living a healthy life. I hope I can mature and learn to be a man and not a boy.
I am not seeing boy here A. I think that we all have our realizations at different points. I know that I heard a lot through that post of yours. I learned that it is healthy to be uncomfortable at times. Our head space will be forever changing.
This road is not easy. I guess thats why there's so many support groups. We need each other, and can learn from everyone's thoughts. I hope that you have a good evening.
I was once a guitar player, still am but I hardly pick up. My guitar is named Norma. She is sitting in the corner collecting dust. Maybe one day again.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:23 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Grateful

Yeah bored would be part of HALT (hungry, angry, lonley, tired) but it would mess up the acronym. If I really think about it though I was still bored when I was drinking, I was just too drunk to notice. I am putting a lot more effort into my recovery this time and I find that I am spending most of my free time on that. Time seems to fly by so I guess I haven't gotten bored doing it.

Also congrats on 17 days!